+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

newuser1234

Jun 17, 2019
Hi - I have given my oath recently. Once I receive citizenship certificate I am planning on applying for passport via mail as I do not have any travel booked.

I am starting a new job next month and it might be possible that they will ask me to travel to US by end of July for trainings.

Is there a way to submit travel proof once the application is submitted and to request an urgent processing by providing the proof? or once I send it by mail there is no way to ask for urgent processing even if I need to travel for work?

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Question: What happens if the guarantor or reference doesn’t answer the phone at the time the passport people call to confirm the applicants infomation?
Does the passport people keep trying?
Is the number a private number? Some people hate answering private numbers.
Thanks

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hi - I have given my oath recently. Once I receive citizenship certificate I am planning on applying for passport via mail as I do not have any travel booked.

I am starting a new job next month and it might be possible that they will ask me to travel to US by end of July for trainings.

Is there a way to submit travel proof once the application is submitted and to request an urgent processing by providing the proof? or once I send it by mail there is no way to ask for urgent processing even if I need to travel for work?
make a appointment on the website and before you go try to ask the company for prove of travel

LNGHYNH

Jun 13, 2022
Experience - 08June2022
Mississauga Passport Office - In Person
377 Burnhamthorpe Rd E

- Got in line at 3am this morning. 19 People ahead of me.

- First person in line arrived at 10pm on 07June2022

- Couple of people paid someone to stand for them in the line (~45$/hour)

- By 6am the line up was till McDonalds. Do not bother to come past 6am (current conditions only) as they only distribute ~140 tokens each day.

- Tokens (Golden Ticket ) were distributed at 8am. This office only accepts people who have travel confirmation anywhere between 1 to 45 business days. People who have already submitted their application to Service Canada (by mail/in person) and have urgent travel needs (must be within 7 days) can also get their passport at this location with proof of travel.

- Got inside at 8:30am (First batch of ~25 people). Good segregation of people with urgent travel needs and people with travel after 3-5 business days.

- First counter is for Docs Check (Reached 1st Counter at 845am) Asked to wait at Second Counter area with Token Number. (called at the Second Counter at 9am). Checked docs again (was asked, "at what time did you arrive today?"), docs scanned by clerk, paid fees ($180 total). Option to pickup ($20) or mail by Canadapost (upto 14 business days mailing time). Option Chosen - Pickup. Was out of the office at 915am.

- Overall: Apart from standing up early in line, everything else was smooth.

- Passport will be ready for pickup on 22June2022

Tips: Plan well, brings chair(s), blankets, no washroom till 6am (McD opens at 6am). Staff is friendly if you are friendly.
I have a transfer request for my child's passport application at this location with our travel date being June 24. Do you know if people who had transfers for urgent travel were also subject to having to line up early in the morning to get a token? Or was there a separate line/priority for these people?

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
7h of March, in person at service canada
But in which province? I just wonder if they are maybe slower where you are or does it mean snail pace for all of us--I mailed in my application, so I suppose it also depends where you mail it to, but not that many options anyways.

Schmeeberry

Jun 5, 2022
I sent two child passports (so new applications) and they were received May 5th. My credit card hasn’t been charged yet. Has anyone who sent a new application that was received on or after May 5th been charged yet?

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
has anyone applied for a passport by mail from Calgary recently received their passport? Do they send the original certificate and the passport back in one envelope?

I asked the passport office and they said they'd send them back separately, but people here have mentioned they received their certificate and passport back in the same envelop. Wondering if that depends on the province. Canadapost almost lost my application when I sent it there, and I'm very worried. I hope they send back the certificate and the passport separately so that there's hope I at least get one of them!

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
I'm based in Mississauga. My family's certificates of citizenship should arrive soon and we are planning to get the passport right after that. I don't have a scheduled trip yet but want to have the passport ready the earlier the better as my my job expects me to travel. My family will just tag along. I tried booking an appointment online with various Canada Service offices and visa offices near home but none has available appointments for me. This happens when I choose to have the passport in over both 46 days and 3-45 days. What is the best way to apply aside from standing in line at 3am to get a token for the day? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

omgjvill

May 26, 2022
I sent two child passports (so new applications) and they were received May 5th. My credit card hasn’t been charged yet. Has anyone who sent a new application that was received on or after May 5th been charged yet?
I mailed in a new child application April 27th from BC to Mississauga and I'm still waiting for my CC to be charged.

Reactions: Schmeeberry

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014

omgjvill

May 26, 2022
I am so stressed. If I miss my brothers wedding my mum will probably fly to Canada and kill me herself.

I mailed my app 9 weeks ago tomorrow and travel in 4 weeks. I check my mail box probably 37 times a day!
Just curious, but which location did you mail your application to and when was your CC charged?