+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Gents, question for you:
My wife and I plan to apply at the same time for our passports.
Can we have the same Guarantor on both applications ?
Can we have the same 2 Referents on both applications ?
Thanks in advance
I did exactly that for me my wife and kids, I don't see why not as long as they meet the guarantor and reference requirements you should be fine.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I have no plans to travel at this point therefore wanted to apply for a passport later sometime this year.
Is it required to apply for the passport immediately after receiving the certificate?

FYI- I received the certificate today.

Please advise.

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
I have no plans to travel at this point therefore wanted to apply for a passport later sometime this year.
Is it required to apply for the passport immediately after receiving the certificate?

FYI- I received the certificate today.

Please advise.
you should apply now i suugest mail to passport program or book a appointment at service canada

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Called into the payment number a user had provided here. I got connected to the service agent in ~20 mins. She kept insisting this is a payment only number, and I told her I tried the other phone number several times this morning and it is not connecting (not a lie). After a couple of minutes of back and forth, I asked her since this is the payment number can you check if my credit card payment had gone through (I knew it had, but atleast this way she would open up my file). She agreed, and accessed my file. Upon further insistence she told me the last update on my file is "Ready to Print" and I should get it in a week or two.

The issue is I have an urgent travel coming up on 26th June. Not sure if I should rely on her "week or two" assurance.

My timeline:
Applied by mail to Gatineau, QC: 23rd March 2022
Credit charged: 20th April 2022

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Called into the payment number a user had provided here. I got connected to the service agent in ~20 mins. She kept insisting this is a payment only number, and I told her I tried the other phone number several times this morning and it is not connecting (not a lie). After a couple of minutes of back and forth, I asked her since this is the payment number can you check if my credit card payment had gone through (I knew it had, but atleast this way she would open up my file). She agreed, and accessed my file. Upon further insistence she told me the last update on my file is "Ready to Print" and I should get it in a week or two.

The issue is I have an urgent travel coming up on 26th June. Not sure if I should rely on her "week or two" assurance.

My timeline:
Applied by mail to Gatineau, QC: 23rd March 2022
Credit charged: 20th April 2022
I wouldn’t honestly . I would try to break into the other line somehow and request a transfer . These days a week or two ends up being a month out

Reactions: A.Syed1

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Has anyone got a template letter if I want to write something to my MP about the passport delay? My wife is still waiting for her passport even though she applied in person at service Canada March 7th and when she called yesterday, she was told it might take another month or two (it is currently being processed with no update onfile in 2 months).

This is now gone beyond a joke!
where did you apply?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
you should apply now i suugest mail to passport program or book a appointment at service canada
There is a situation, I am located in a very remote town where there are no photo studios therefore thinking when I will plan to visit to my home city then I will get my picture done and also apply for passport.

So my question will it be required to apply for passport now or I can apply later this year as well?

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
There is a situation, I am located in a very remote town where there are no photo studios therefore thinking when I will plan to visit to my home city then I will get my picture done and also apply for passport.

So my question will it be required to apply for passport now or I can apply later this year as well?
Hi. You can apply anytime you want. You only need the passport for travelling. Just make sure to apply at your first possibility as you never know if things will get more delayed, etc...

wpgmbca

Jun 20, 2017
From Ontario:
Passport application delivered by mail on 19th April
CC charged on 12th May
Passport not received yet.
Anyone with similar timeline? What is the current wait time?

humerarehman

Jun 10, 2022
Please share your timelines of Canadian Passport Renewal (within Canada) for mail in application.

I submitted my sons Canadian Passport for renewal by mail in May 2022 (via Canada Post in Milton, Ontario). It was received by the Passport Office in Gatineau, OC, Canada on May 6th 2022. My credit card was charge on 8th June 2022. I am wondering when can I expect to receive it back in mail as I plan to travel in the 1st week of July.

I know the websites say it can take 9 weeks + mailing time to receive passport by mail. But I am curious to know how long after credit card being charge did others get theirs in Ontario. Please share your timelines if you're in the same boat as me. thanks.

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Please share your timelines of Canadian Passport Renewal (within Canada) for mail in application.

I submitted my sons Canadian Passport for renewal by mail in May 2022 (via Canada Post in Milton, Ontario). It was received by the Passport Office in Gatineau, OC, Canada on May 6th 2022. My credit card was charge on 8th June 2022. I am wondering when can I expect to receive it back in mail as I plan to travel in the 1st week of July.

I know the websites say it can take 9 weeks + mailing time to receive passport by mail. But I am curious to know how long after credit card being charge did others get theirs in Ontario. Please share your timelines if you're in the same boat as me. thanks.
My credit card was charged May 13th. I'm still waiting, nothing has happened. They haven't called my guarantor, or references either.

• Wow
Reactions: humerarehman