+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

omgjvill

May 26, 2022
Is anyone with similar timelines still waiting for the their CC to be charged? It's been about 6 weeks now, whereas most people have had their CC's charge around the 1 month / 4 week mark.

- Application Sent: April 23, 2022 from BC
- Application Delivered: April 27, 2022 to Mississauga
- Travel Date: August 20, 2022
- CC Charged: Still waiting

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Is anyone with similar timelines still waiting for the their CC to be charged? It's been about 6 weeks now, whereas most people have had their CC's charge around the 1 month / 4 week mark.

call the payment line. My was may 3 and got charged but I mail to Quebec

although is a payment line but they should let you know what going on 18334071031

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022

The cc charge is a mixed bag of hope. They could charge your card right away and you still have to wait for weeks (or months...?) before you get your passport or they could charge it late and you get your passport within a couple of days after.

KR14

Oct 22, 2021
My 2 cents, folks who need passport urgently and can make a visit to local passport office should not wait on last minute file transfer to local office.

Passport office is only charging $20 pick up fees and waiving other expedited charges if it’s already over 25 business days and you have a valid travel itinerary.
Do i need to wait for their call? They said they will phone me 48hr prior to my flight. My local office is in Harry Hays,.

redwan243

Sep 2, 2018
Hello guys ,
Just want to know the process of passport application.
I want to send my application by next week through Canada post .
Question :if I send my original citizenship certificate when they will send me back the certificate?
If they send my certificate back afterwards how they will notify me?
Do need to send extra envelopes to send my certificate back and original passport ?

thank you all

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hello guys ,
Just want to know the process of passport application.
I want to send my application by next week through Canada post .
Question :if I send my original citizenship certificate when they will send me back the certificate?
If they send my certificate back afterwards how they will notify me?
Do need to send extra envelopes to send my certificate back and original passport ?

thank you all
They will send it back when they finished. My suggestion mail to passport program. If you have flight plans just do it in office

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Gents, question for you:
My wife and I plan to apply at the same time for our passports.
Can we have the same Guarantor on both applications ?
Can we have the same 2 Referents on both applications ?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

cloud111

Aug 9, 2016
My timeline so far:
Passport application (4 adults, 1 child) received on 13th of April in Gatineau (courier)
CC charged on 25th of May
Guarantor contacted on 26th of May
One of us adults received the Citizenship Certificate today 9th of June
no passport or certificates for others yet

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Has anyone got a template letter if I want to write something to my MP about the passport delay? My wife is still waiting for her passport even though she applied in person at service Canada March 7th and when she called yesterday, she was told it might take another month or two (it is currently being processed with no update onfile in 2 months).

This is now gone beyond a joke!

Last edited: