PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
how can we transfer a file to the closest passport office?
I applied by mail for my son passport
my CC was charged on 14th April
our travel dates are 25th June.
can anyone suggest me what to do in this situation?

Daria_1007

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Toronto
Hi Everyone:

Here is my timeline:

Docs received at Gatineau location on April 21, 2022
CC charged on May 18, 2022
My husband's passport received on June 7, 2022, however, the printing office made a printing error
Called today at 8:30 and was placed in line as #187, after 50 min we were able to talk to an agent.
He told us to take new photos and fill out new application and go to the Victoria street office asap for re-printing.

My passport is still 'under examination', but as we are traveling next week, they requested a file transfer. Got the same information as probably everybody else (transfer is not guaranteed, if approved, they will call me, etc...)

Reactions: kulb

occamslaser

Aug 20, 2020
Call +1 (800) 567-6868 and request a transfer, telling them your travel date. If you read my long post on page 316 of this thread it goes through my experience. I called today with travel on June 24 and they put the transfer request through. You will probably have to call many many times before you get put on hold. Good luck.

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Glad it's of some help to someone :)

My local office is Kitchener.
I am now definitely curious to see how things play out for you. I am in Kitchener as well and will need to call them around the 17th to request a transfer due to upcoming travels on July 1 .

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello everyone,

I sent an application for a new passport which was received by the Gatineau office on May 4. CC charged May 12. Since then no communication or any call to my guarantor / references. I don't know my file number.

I was wondering if I should go check on the status in person at a Service Canada location? Does anyone know how long are the line ups in the Toronto office?

Just a note that my earlier application sent on March 3 was returned as my credit card was stolen before it could be charged and I could not contact Service Canada to update my card details.

deborsi

Feb 14, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Managed to get through after calling about 500 times and spending 30 minutes in the queue. I did not have an application number so the agent verified some background information before putting me on hold again. I was told that the status was "in process/under examination" and then asked about any upcoming travel date/travel documents in case I wanted to request a transfer. I did not so they let me know that for non-urgent applications, they are seeing turnaround times of about 9 weeks. 9 weeks in my case falls at the end of next week so I was told to call back if I did not have it by the end of the month.

Hopefully this information is helpful to some folks and saves you hours on the phone trying to get into the queue. I guess the value of getting to speak to an agent is confirming that your application is not missing any information/waiting on intervention from your side.

My timeline:
Application mailed = 12th of April, 2022
Application received= 13th of April, 2022
CC charged = 6th of May, 2022

Reactions: Deedle

Schmeeberry

Jun 5, 2022
You need to call this number 1-800-567-6868. I have found that around lunch time is the only time I’ve gotten through. And you need to tell them you have upcoming travel, they are the ones who can transfer your application to a local passport office.

dhairya78

Jul 22, 2017
Sent to Gatineau
My timeline: New born baby - waiting

Application mailed = 18 of March, 2022
Application received= 21, March, 2022
CC charged = 8 April , 2022

My timeline: New citizen passport - waiting
Application mailed = 28, March, 2022
Application received= 01 April, 2022
CC charged = 14 April , 2022

chris921.long

Mar 21, 2020
hello, for file transfers, when would they return our birth certificate or citizenship certificate after passport was issued at the local office? it's been more than 1 month since my passport was issued but I still haven't got my document back.

occamslaser

Aug 20, 2020
Update on my transfer request (see my earlier post for more details).

My guarantor was able to confirm the missing information. Unclear still what the missing information was (possibly querying a signature?), but ostensibly resolved.

The agent at the main call centre told me to expect a call from my local office (Kitchener) at the end of next week (about 1 week before travel). I got a call from the local office within an hour, which I missed because I wasn't expecting it. Called them back, left a message, and was called back about an hour later.

They said they needed:

(a) My credit card number to charge me the $20 pickup fee. (They waived the transfer fee because the passport was past usual processing times.)
(b) Me to fax(!) my proof of travel. They insist on fax because they're not allowed to receive external emails. I don't have a fax machine but there are online apps for it (google is your friend). I might go to a print shop as well just to be sure.

They said that my passport will be ready to pick up next Friday (17th). One week prior to my travel date. Told me to come to the building after 10am, to go to the front of the line and say I was there to pick up. All remarkably smooth sailing but I'm not going to count my chickens until it's in my hand.

I'll say that while the system as a whole is obviously a complete and utter mess right now, when I have talked with people directly they have been extremely helpful, friendly, and efficient.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
I just received my Canadian Citizenship Certificate back in the mail. CC was charged on June 6, certificate sent June 7, and received June 8.

Does that mean I can expect my passport soon, or just that they scanned it and sent it back?

Reactions: aacan

robbiezyg

Jun 8, 2022
My timeline:
Docs Sent: May 6, 2022
Gatineau Received: May 10, 2022
Travel Date: June 18, 2022
Followed the advice on here to keep calling until I got through, any tips on things to say once I get through the 200 people? I'm just looking to see if my passport will be getting to me before the 18th or if I need to get the file transferred to Edmonton?

Does this sound about normal?

I appreciate the help!

kubilai

Jun 8, 2022
My story for reference:

Mine is a simple renewal, anticipated travel date June 15.
Application received in Quebec April 28.
Credit card charged May 18.

Reading this forum I realized it won't be back in time. So I bought a plane ticket for June 22 and went to a Toronto office at 8am. Was put into the "transfer line" by a security guard. Two hours waiting in line. Agent charged me $20 for a file transfer, and gave me a pickup slip for June 21. She said it's likely to succeed because my situation is simple. Fingers crossed!

Basically no urgent processing possible. Only chance is to show up with a plane ticket. They try to accommodate, but might not work out.

Reactions: aacan

edjek89

Jun 7, 2022
Just called at 8:30 in the morning to passport canada, Was 340th person on hold despite calling the moment the phone lines opened up. Was on hold for about 2 hours. Finally got in contact with an agent, told me to that passport will probably be sent out by the end of the month. Unprecident amount of applications were sent in March and april. Ask to call back June 23 to get file transferred to local Passport office for express service if not received by then. From the looks of other posts, Im anxious that even with express service, my passport wont be done within 2 weeks. Praying for the best, as mine is only a renewal rather than applying for a new passport.

Timeline:
April 17: Mailed renewal form to Gatineau
April 19: Recieved
May 19: CC charged
Planned trip: July 13
Just got a call from a private number 1 day after I made an inquiry on my passport. Glad I picked up because it was Passport Canada; they wanted to get some more info about one of my references. I asked them how long it will take before I can receive it, they will take a look today and process it this week before sending it out. I can call next week, provide my file number and request a tracking number to track the shipment of my passport. Hopefully I'll be able to receive the package by end of june. If anyone reading this applied around the same time as me, they'll probably receive the passport in the same timeframe.