GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi everyone, I was able to get through the phone line today and transfer an in-progress application to the North York, Ontario location. Travel date is June 19, 2022. Lady on the phone said it should be ready for Friday, June 17, but no guarantees. She confirmed that all the documents and photos have been scanned. She was unclear about the process and timeline, but here is what I gathered. It was confusing tbh.

1) Someone from the North York office will call and request me to send them my proof of travel - not sure if she said fax or email
2) Someone from the North York office will call again and ask for my credit card info to charge me for the additional Urgent or Express pick-up fee
3) In the same call they will tell me the date and time the passport will be ready

She mentioned that it is possible that no one will call me and that the file transfer may not be accepted. She also mentioned not to bother to visit the office in person if I don't get a phone call. Does that all sound correct? What if I miss their calls while I am at work? Can you call them back or do they call from a Blocked number? I am really getting anxious here. I thought the the file transfer was a more of a sure thing, but it sounds like it's also a crap-shoot
Wow - if this isn’t some bull$hit

naveenr

Oct 31, 2013
Hi ,

I had sent my passport application to Gatineau ON for processing on April 10th .When I looked at the credit card statement for May I noticed that the passport fees has been deducted under the payer “Passport Services Surrey BC “.

Today My Guarantor also got call from the same office.
Is anyone else in the same boat ? Is it normal to transfer the file to different processing centres ?

fairyspark

Apr 26, 2022
I got my Passport ! It only took 2 weeks by service Canada. Had to show proof that I’m travelling on June 14th, 2022. For my fellow Vancouverites go to Richmond instead. They are fast!

Reactions: aacan

fairyspark

Apr 26, 2022
I have a question for the ID section of the citizenship app. Is it ok to use the provincial health card of BC? It has no signature and photo since my friend just turned 19.

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
I got my Passport ! It only took 2 weeks by service Canada. Had to show proof that I’m travelling on June 14th, 2022. For my fellow Vancouverites go to Richmond instead. They are fast!
you need actual proof to do that (within 46 day)

However what document do you need? Let us know plz

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hi everyone.

Can anyone answer the following questions?

1. Passport office is requesting proof of travel in order to process your passport application.

I think passport office will not process your passport application if you do not provide them proof of travel.

How can I provide proof of travel if I do not have a passport?

How can I book an airplane ticket without a passport?

Is it possible to book an airplane ticket without passport?

2. What is the normal processing time for passport application? If I do not have proof of travel.

3. My passport application was received on April 5,2022. And cc charged on May 5,2022.

Called today under review.
You don't need a passport to book a ticket. Those details can be completed later, before travel, or at airport check-in.

SIB1031

May 30, 2022
Hi ,

I had sent my passport application to Gatineau ON for processing on April 10th .When I looked at the credit card statement for May I noticed that the passport fees has been deducted under the payer “Passport Services Surrey BC “.

Today My Guarantor also got call from the same office.
Is anyone else in the same boat ? Is it normal to transfer the file to different processing centres ?
It's normal. I sent my application to Gatineau on May 4th and I just called today to update something. The agent said my application was transferred to the Surrey office. She explained that they're transferring files to offices that have more capacity when they can :)

edjek89

Jun 7, 2022
Just called at 8:30 in the morning to passport canada, Was 340th person on hold despite calling the moment the phone lines opened up. Was on hold for about 2 hours. Finally got in contact with an agent, told me to that passport will probably be sent out by the end of the month. Unprecident amount of applications were sent in March and april. Ask to call back June 23 to get file transferred to local Passport office for express service if not received by then. From the looks of other posts, Im anxious that even with express service, my passport wont be done within 2 weeks. Praying for the best, as mine is only a renewal rather than applying for a new passport.

Timeline:
April 17: Mailed renewal form to Gatineau
April 19: Recieved
May 19: CC charged
Planned trip: July 13

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Today was my mail out date (submitted april
29)
Called them and after 252 tries I got in line with 173 people ahead of me .
I waited 60 mins to speak to speak to an agent .
My passport is in examination and every looks good. By their estimate I should now receive it by first week in July because of the backlogs … the standard is now 45 business days for in person submitted to service Canada and not the 20

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
I have applied in Person for new adult passport on March 23 and I still haven't got it.

I have been asking for status update in April 24, emailed in their email address. Nothing. No reply.

And I started calling morning today no one even connects. I have a travel planned in June 25th.

I am worried what will I do?

I submitted it in Service Canada , should I go to that office? Or should I go to the 35 specialized office with proof of Travel.

I can't concentrate in anything else as this can hamper my whole travel.

Anybody who applied before March 25th still waiting?

occamslaser

Aug 20, 2020
Does anyone have a solid/reliable answer on how long before a trip you should call to request a transfer? I've seen a few people mention 10 business days but I'm not sure where that's come from - edjek89's post above suggests the agent said to call back 15 business days before the trip.

I don't want to call early and waste both my and the agent's time (not to mention taking a spot in the queue for someone with a trip sooner than mine), but my trip is now in 13 business days and I'm wondering if waiting until the 10 day mark is even necessary.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just update again:
Sent:Mar 18 (4 applications in total)
Received: Mar 21
CC charged: 2 adults April 13, 1 child April 14, 1 child May 5
Passport received:
My younger son’s renewal passport May 30, my older son’s first passport is received today June 6, 2 parents’ are still waiting, but I can see hope there!
This gives me some hope, my timeline is very similar:
March 17 - Sent
March 21 - Delivered
April 14 - CC charged

Vedansh211

Jun 6, 2022
Just called at 8:30 in the morning to passport canada, Was 340th person on hold despite calling the moment the phone lines opened up. Was on hold for about 2 hours. Finally got in contact with an agent, told me to that passport will probably be sent out by the end of the month. Unprecident amount of applications were sent in March and april. Ask to call back June 23 to get file transferred to local Passport office for express service if not received by then. From the looks of other posts, Im anxious that even with express service, my passport wont be done within 2 weeks. Praying for the best, as mine is only a renewal rather than applying for a new passport.

Timeline:
April 17: Mailed renewal form to Gatineau
April 19: Recieved
May 19: CC charged
Planned trip: July 13
Hi,
Did you call them on +1 800-567-6868 ? I am trying to call since last one week but not able to connect. just got the autometic massage when dial.
please advice