+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Not really. It just means it hasn't been approved yet. I got under examination update 2 weeks after submitting my application, and received my passport at the 8th week.
on 8th week, they didn't even reply to inquiry
on March 25 received that my application is under examination, after that no answers to inquiries

vis9486

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY,NS
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018( upfront)
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
I sent Passport application via mail on March 26 to Missisauga Office.
CC not charged yet.
Anyone know how long will take it?

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Not really. It just means it hasn't been approved yet. I got under examination update 2 weeks after submitting my application, and received my passport at the 8th week.
from where did you get the updates, did you called them or raised a update request ?

Sep 10, 2021
Passport application delivered on March 24 by mail and cc charged April 21. No update after that. I was expecting to get the passport by now.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport after cc charged?

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Passport application delivered on March 24 by mail and cc charged April 21. No update after that. I was expecting to get the passport by now.
There is no timeline for this, it's pretty random (ie, having your credit card charged doesn't automatically mean you will receive your passport shortly after). From what others are saying it's taking about eight weeks to get a passport right now, though I am in my ninth and nothing.

Reactions: june_applicant
Sep 10, 2021
There is no timeline for this, it's pretty random (ie, having your credit card charged doesn't automatically mean you will receive your passport shortly after). From what others are saying it's taking about eight weeks to get a passport right now, though I am in my ninth and nothing.
Thanks for the response. It is a bit frustrating that there is no way to track what is happening.

Reactions: Corgi

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Application mailed April 4th
Application received April 5th
Credit card charges April 29th (took 17 business days)
Passport received...... pending
Citizen certificate received......
Pending

Service Canada says 29 working days to receive passport currently

• Haha
Reactions: sk000 and Edifytech

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
If the government is correct I will get my passport May 16th - 20th week if not I will start worrying and calling them long process but getting Canadian citizen was longer more stressful time lol......I'm more mad at the people that let there passport expires and urgently need them process because booking Trip with looking unbelievable and unreasonable

Reactions: sk000

Jhuynh

Apr 28, 2022
If your trip is important, call and ask for file transfer. There is no other option. Walking in at a local office probably won't solve your issue. Did you call them recently about the status of your file? When did you apply? It takes 8 weeks to receive the passport these days. If you are no where near this, I'd suggest to call and ask for file transfer.
Hey thanks for your reply. Yeah, I called in to get the file transferred however the agent said it's only a request. So I thought going into the office would someone speed things up since they can pull the file up.

I applied on March 14th. The thing that upsets me is the fact the agent knew my travel date and she told me it will be mailed out on time. Had i not called on the day it was suppose to be delivered and waited longer I would be in a worst situation.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
My timeline is nearly identical to yours. I'm an Ontario applicant. Application recieved in Ottawa/Gatineau on March 23rd and CC charged on April 20th.

Sent two status requests that weren't answered. Tried calling but the automated message says we have very high call volume and hangs up.

Reactions: june_applicant