+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
@harirajmohan thanks. I am trying to book for Early June - but didn't realize that we cant book that far ahead in advance..
Also not sure where you live in BC, but we never booked an appointment, just went strait to our service Canada office early in Vancouver and waited a couple of hours in the queue until we managed to see somebody. So up to you entirely how you want to play it.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Just got off the phone from Passport Canada, they told me that my file is not in the system yet.

I submitted my application walk-in through service Canada on 31 march 2022, I don’t understand how come it’s not in the system yet.
Which province did you submit it from?

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Just got off the phone from Passport Canada, they told me that my file is not in the system yet.

I submitted my application walk-in through service Canada on 31 march 2022, I don’t understand how come it’s not in the system yet.
hmm something is not right! i've submitted mine one April 11 and it's under waiting on approval or examination something they said!

Jhuynh

Apr 28, 2022
Hey guys,

Seems like some people are having similar issues. I'm traveling out of the country on May 9th. My renewal passport was supposed to arrive on April 25th, the agent I did the application with said it would be fine in time for my trip. I called the hotline a couple of days ago at 18005676868 and they said my file was nowhere near done, they recommended transferring my file to the main office at Vancouver Sinclair center. They said the office would then call me by the 6th of May.

My question is has anyone experienced this and did anyone actually not get a call from the office? basically, with this transfer am I most likely going to recieve a call to pick up the passport before my trip. Or to rephrase the question how likely am I going to be able to get my passport with this method.

Alternatively, if I want to take this into my own hands can I theoretically go stand outside that office at 5 am and hopefully see an agent. Pay the $110 next-day pickup option? At this point i'm literally just trying to exhaust all my options.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Kornet

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey guys,

Seems like some people are having similar issues. I'm traveling out of the country on May 9th. My renewal passport was supposed to arrive on April 25th, the agent I did the application with said it would be fine in time for my trip. I called the hotline a couple of days ago at 18005676868 and they said my file was nowhere near done, they recommended transferring my file to the main office at Vancouver Sinclair center. They said the office would then call me by the 6th of May.

My question is has anyone experienced this and did anyone actually not get a call from the office? basically, with this transfer am I most likely going to recieve a call to pick up the passport before my trip. Or to rephrase the question how likely am I going to be able to get my passport with this method.

Alternatively, if I want to take this into my own hands can I theoretically go stand outside that office at 5 am and hopefully see an agent. Pay the $110 next-day pickup option? At this point i'm literally just trying to exhaust all my options.

Thanks everyone.
If your trip is important, call and ask for file transfer. There is no other option. Walking in at a local office probably won't solve your issue. Did you call them recently about the status of your file? When did you apply? It takes 8 weeks to receive the passport these days. If you are no where near this, I'd suggest to call and ask for file transfer.

Reactions: Jhuynh

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
i just got an update stating that my passport is under examination does that mean its closer to approval?
Not really. It just means it hasn't been approved yet. I got under examination update 2 weeks after submitting my application, and received my passport at the 8th week.

• Wow
Reactions: sk000

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
does anyone know how long it typically takes for the passports to be mailed out after they are sent to production? how long does passport production take?