Med's Request
Upfront medical 9th March 2017
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
We sent our application and it was received on the 3rd of March at the Ottawa mail room. The CC was charged on the 25th of March and still have not received either passport or certificate back . Decided to call them today to get an update . Called them 7.30 and was caller 82 . Finally got through after an hour on the line and was told that our applications were still in examination . Almost forgot spent almost an hour with the agent because apparently who ever did the input in the system made a mistake and spelt my last name wrong . Was able to get the file number not the tracking number since it had not been printed or sent .
So received 2 out of 3 passports today . The passport was issued on the 22nd of April .For the 2 passports received they were sent together with the citizenship certificate. Will be calling them tomorrow morning to know what happened to the 3rd passport.

Markham12

Apr 23, 2022
Hey everyone, my application was delivered on March 9th and CC charged on March 25th. I am planning to travel in the second week of May but I still haven't received my passport. I've tried calling but they don't take calls either. Will I get it back before my travel date?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@harirajmohan thanks. I am trying to book for Early June - but didn't realize that we cant book that far ahead in advance..
You can book for June as of now it shows near my area windsor(for business days 26+ or no travel date). So appointment may not be available at your center.

Reactions: mukicookie

fairyspark

Apr 26, 2022
The earliest you can call for a transfer is 10 business days before you are meant to be travelling. It's the same number: 1 800 567 6868.

There is a bit of a trick to getting through to talk to someone, see my previous post further up this page.
Will being transferred to an office gets you your passport in time?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I really hope so. They told me if I don't receive it by the 9th then I can call and request a transfer. Do I need to wait for 10 days to receive the expedited passport or can they do it faster for me?
Once your file is accepted by the local office, they can issue the passport very quickly. What takes time is the transfer itself as they need to request a transfer and the local office has to approve it.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
It should get you the passport on time. From what I have heard, it’s pretty down to the wire. Someone at work did this for her daughter’s renewal and she picked up the passport two days before the travel date.

This is my ninth week of waiting, 45 business days this Friday and still no cc charge. I will be calling in 7 business days to transfer my application as I have a Nexus interview across the border.

Reactions: fairyspark

fairyspark

Apr 26, 2022
It should get you the passport on time. From what I have heard, it’s pretty down to the wire. Someone at work did this for her daughter’s renewal and she picked up the passport two days before the travel date.

This is my ninth week of waiting, 45 business days this Friday and still no cc charge. I will be calling in 7 business days to transfer my application as I have a Nexus interview across the border.
Thank you ! I appreciate your help. I sent mine on March 19 and they received it on March 22. Still no charge on my CC. I’m a little bit nervous as to why they haven’t charge yet.

Reactions: Corgi

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
if the local office accepts it you will get atleast one day before travel date.so if you are planning to do so try transferring into that 10 day window as soon as it starts.
passport office needs one day to print your passport.

Reactions: fairyspark

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey everyone, my application was delivered on March 9th and CC charged on March 25th. I am planning to travel in the second week of May but I still haven't received my passport. I've tried calling but they don't take calls either. Will I get it back before my travel date?
Mine was delivered in March 8th and they charged CC on april 20

Mayakar

Apr 25, 2022
Mailed in my application from BC to Gatineau
Application delivered: March 9th
CC charged: March 31st
Status request sent: April 3rd(no answer)
Status request sent: April 18th (no answer)

Travel date: May 14th

Good luck everyone!
I just called them and they said my passport was mailed yesterday and gave me the tracking number. I asked when should I expect my citizenship certificate to arrive? He said it will be mailed in the next 10 business days!!!

Last edited:

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Just got off the phone from Passport Canada, they told me that my file is not in the system yet.

I submitted my application walk-in through service Canada on 31 march 2022, I don’t understand how come it’s not in the system yet.

Last edited: