+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I also applied at service Canada march first week, nothing yet. Expected mail out on receipt is April 14. I submitted request for status update yesterday, which takes 3 days to process. You too try that, it’s mentioned on the receipt they give along with the file number on it.
Thank you, yeah I submitted multiple requests for status in the last 3 weeks and nothing, no reply, nothing!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Congrats, when did you file yours?
It was delivered by fedex January 4th
They never notified me but I missed a guarantor signature on the back of my proof of identity.
I found out February 21st when I called them.
I fedexed the signature and it was received feb 28.
I called and they showed no receipt of it.
So after waiting another month and never getting them on the phone, I emailed my provincial minister and the next day my mp said it was going to print and would be mailed in 3 days.
and I got it exactly then.

CENYC

Mar 24, 2017
Does anyone know if we need to apply for the passport in the province we live in? Or anywhere in Canada. I live in ontario and work in Newfoundland. Just curious if I can apply there or have to mail in.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi I recive a call today after 6 week I mad a mestaik I sign my driver licence copy usually my guarantor should to sign now my guarantor is out of country he is coming the end of the month than I have to fax the copy she say after that I have to wait 10 days to recive my passport that only problem now it is what it is I have to wait untill my guarantor come back lol lol

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Final update: Received my passport today Apr 21
Hope everyone receives theirs soon! My journey since I applied May 2020 for citizenship now ends.

Timeline:
Applied Feb 21
Delivered Feb 24
CC Charged April 12
Certificate received April 13
From BC to Mississauga office

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi I recive a call today after 6 week I mad a mestaik I sign my driver licence copy usually my guarantor should to sign now my guarantor is out of country he is coming the end of the month than I have to fax the copy she say after that I have to wait 10 days to recive my passport that only problem now it is what it is I have to wait untill my guarantor come back lol lol
Luckily you are not waiting for cic officer this time for a change hence its going to be finite number of days waiting.

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
Since the past 1-2 weeks, has anyone received a call back from the Mississauga pp office after requesting a file transfer for urgent processing? I'm not sure what to do at this point. My travel date is coming up May 5th! I requested my file transfer from Gatineau two weeks ago (app delivered March 11). When I called them this evening around 6:30pm, I was surprised at only 2 calls ahead of me. The agent told me there was nothing I can do but continue to wait for the call.

ahrumpark87

May 11, 2020
Hi all,

I applied for a passport in person on March 14, 2022 by submitting my application and paying $160 on the same day.

The agent who helped me with the application gave me a piece of paper including receipt number, file number, abd expected mail out date, which is April 11, 2022.

It was supposed to be delivered on April 11, 2022, so I’ve tried to contact with the passport call center to ask about my application status. It’s extrememly difficult to speak to them honestly.

My question is

1) Should I go to Service Canada to apply for an urgent passport since I am going to visit my family this Sunday?

2) Is there only way to track my application is to call the passport call center?

3) Is there anyone going through the same situation as mine?

Thanks,

Reactions: Yettyadefaye

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hi all,

I applied for a passport in person on March 14, 2022 by submitting my application and paying $160 on the same day.

The agent who helped me with the application gave me a piece of paper including receipt number, file number, abd expected mail out date, which is April 11, 2022.

It was supposed to be delivered on April 11, 2022, so I’ve tried to contact with the passport call center to ask about my application status. It’s extrememly difficult to speak to them honestly.

My question is

1) Should I go to Service Canada to apply for an urgent passport since I am going to visit my family this Sunday?

2) Is there only way to track my application is to call the passport call center?

3) Is there anyone going through the same situation as mine?

Thanks,
1) You may go but make sure they accept walk-in application.I would say you should get an urgent passport as you’re travelling and you basically have one business day left before that. Also check the nearby Passport Canada office (expect a long queue of people in the same boat as you).

2) No way to track the application given the time you have. All you can do is to try calling their help desk.

3) There are quite a few of us here dealt with similar situation but I would say you should take some action to get your urgent passport tomorrow.

Good luck!

Last edited:

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi all,

My question is

You can try. but you have to go to passport offices and not service Canada. but if you provide them a new form not sure if they will push back saying you cannot apply twice.

Reactions: PumpkinJack

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I don't see why you have to wait for him to return. Scan your DL and send it by email to your guarantor, then he can print it, sign it, date it and mail by Fedex or DHL express to passport service with all the info needed to link your application. That is how I will do it if it was me.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Finally, I received my passport Yesterday.

Mailed: Feb 28, 2022
Delivered March 02, 2022
CC charged: April 04, 2022
Passports issued Apr 11, 2022
Passports received: Apr 19, 2022 (Citizenship certificate was mailed out together with a passport in one envelope)

Good luck to those who are waiting!
How did you come to know that passport issued was on April 11th? Was it the date on your passport?

Reactions: Edifytech

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
I don't see why you have to wait for him to return. Scan your DL and send it by email to your guarantor, then he can print it, sign it, date it and mail by Fedex or DHL express to passport service with all the info needed to link your application. That is how I will do it if it was me.
Fax is faster but yeah since they want the guarantor sign, they would want it to be mailed. Oh boy, aren’t we living in the age of digital signatures ?