+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Not on my passport but on my child’s passport applied before covid at a Passport Canada office. It was just accepted with just the guarantor’s signature. I think it totally depends on the officer dealing with the application.
Thanks. I pray the officer is nice enough to process it anyways. I guess we’ll see.

Reactions: PumpkinJack

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need your help, I am about to send passports applications for my wife, daughter, son and myself today ( used forms PPTC 154 dated 03-2022 french version, I believe this is the most updated forms), I am reading on the government website below and see that they are talking about application forms for passport with bar codes. Mine does not have any bare codes once I saved it, am I doing something wrong here ? note that the below website was last updated on Jan 2022, please help.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/help-centre/apply.html

Kumar90

Apr 30, 2020
I submitted my application at service Canada in Winnipeg on March 10. The service Canada officer told me the mail out date is "April 7". I have booked flight for April 28. I get disconnected after 2 hours wait when I call passport office. This is really frustrating. I am losing hope and going to lose money. Depressing
File transferred to Winnipeg today. They hadn't even touched my application yet. March 10 application. Crazy

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

I need your help, I am about to send passports applications for my wife, daughter, son and myself today ( used forms PPTC 154 dated 03-2022 french version, I believe this is the most updated forms), I am reading on the government website below and see that they are talking about application forms for passport with bar codes. Mine does not have any bare codes once I saved it, am I doing something wrong here ? note that the below website was last updated on Jan 2022, please help.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/help-centre/apply.html
No bar code was on the application I sent. Everything was fine. They will enter your personal data manually, although I am not sure how to generate this bar code in the first place.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
No bar code was on the application I sent. Everything was fine. They will enter your personal data manually.
Okay , thank you for this. it always nice to double check everything than having them send the entire application back.
I appreciate your help.

Reactions: CaBeaver

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
If the passport tracking says Out for delivery, should I be sure to recieve it by the end of the day ( as per virtual assistant CP)

Esi1979

Feb 12, 2022
If the passport tracking says Out for delivery, should I be sure to recieve it by the end of the day ( as per virtual assistant CP)
Is there any other way to track the application except calling and filling the form? What is the virtual assistance?

serguti

Jan 17, 2017
I finally got my kids' passports. After I asked for the transfer on Tuesday, I called today 8AM and they told me on the phone that they had the file at North York and I should go there and try to get it with no appointment because it was an urgent request, for 3 kids cost me $195 extra. I went there at 10AM and after several lines, I went in to give them the file number, they told me to wait on the side, at 12PM they called my phone and mentioned that will start working on it and will get my name called in 1 Hr… several hours passes and at 3PM I was out with my passports!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Application sent 1st March
Application recd 2nd March
CC charged 25th March
Called to expedite process 8th April ( proof of travel 15th April)
Citizenship certificate and passport recd 14th April

The journey begins now

Reactions: tgman and CaBeaver

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
App sent - March 14
App Received - March 15
Travel Date: April 29
Last call to Passport Canada - April 11 (Day 20)

They told me that i should receive my Passport this week or after the holidays. If not, i should transfer.
I walked into the Passport Canada Office (St Catharines) yesterday, April 14th. After a brief wait, they confirmed that the passport has NOT been produced yet....and initiated a transfer... Expecting a call from them next week.

So, don't wait for them, do everything yourself!

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, my CC got charged Apr 13, do you know in average how long it takes after that? 2-3 weeks? Thanks

Reactions: Edifytech