+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
I received a call on Apr 9th (exactly 2 months from when they got my application) from the Passport officer who worked on my file and he informed me that my application has been processed and he will be mailing my passport. Hope I will receive it this week.

Do they call every applicant to inform them? It was from a 205 number and on a Saturday. Didn't know they worked on Saturdays. Sweet Overtime Dollars.

I had called the customer service number 5 days before. Don't know whether that brought attention to my file or it was just coincidental. I was on the verge of contacting my MP's office to request help. Glad it worked out before that. I hate to waste so many peoples time on this.

On to the next headache. As my country of birth doesn't allow dual citizenship, now i have to obtain visa to visit my parents. fun.
On your last paragraph, Nigerians would say "wahala no dey finish", meaning trouble never ends

Reactions: T0r0nt022

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I submitted my application at service Canada in Winnipeg on March 10. The service Canada officer told me the mail out date is "April 7". I have booked flight for April 28. I get disconnected after 2 hours wait when I call passport office. This is really frustrating. I am losing hope and going to lose money. Depressing
One problem passport Canada has is that they are not realistic. They give false hope. I am sure most of the frustration stems from this point. Not the delay itself. I know this first hand.

Reactions: Kumar90

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Another small update:

Got my citizenship certificate back today April 13

Timeline:
App sent Feb 21
Delivered Feb 24
CC Charged April 12
From BC

Reactions: serguti

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but it's related to applying for a Canadian passport. I'm about to submit my passport application when I noticed that my name is not written on the back of my photos. The instructions state that the guarantor needs to write "I certify this is in true likeness of <my name>", date, and sign the back of my photos. However, I missed the part about my guarantor writing my name and asked her to only sign and date the back of the photos.

Now to save me and my aunt (my guarantor) the time and hassle (she lives around 1 and a half hours away from me and is busy most of the time), I am thinking of writing my name myself instead.

Would this be an issue? It's not like I'm going to forge her signature.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but it's related to applying for a Canadian passport. I'm about to submit my passport application when I noticed that my name is not written on the back of my photos. The instructions state that the guarantor needs to write "I certify this is in true likeness of <my name>", date, and sign the back of my photos. However, I missed the part about my guarantor writing my name and asked her to only sign and date the back of the photos.

Now to save me and my aunt (my guarantor) the time and hassle (she lives around 1 and a half hours away from me and is busy most of the time), I am thinking of writing my name myself instead.

Would this be an issue? It's not like I'm going to forge her signature.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
You can go ahead and write your name by yourself, it doesn't matter. I did everything on my form by myself, the only thing my guarantor did was to sign. No one will ask you who wrote the name.

Reactions: T365

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
You can go ahead and write your name by yourself, it doesn't matter. I did everything on my form by myself, the only thing my guarantor did was to sign. No one will ask you who wrote the name.
Shoot! I forgot to write my name behind my passport picture. My guarantor only signed. Anyone else made the same mistake as me? Freaking out

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Shoot! I forgot to write my name behind my passport picture. My guarantor only signed. Anyone else made the same mistake as me? Freaking out
Not on my passport but on my child’s passport applied before covid at a Passport Canada office. It was just accepted with just the guarantor’s signature. I think it totally depends on the officer dealing with the application.

Reactions: t_Addy.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for the insight! It makes me feel better and will save me and my aunt the time and hassle!

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
I also freaked out when I noticed it when doing the final review on my application yesterday. I hope it won't be an issue for you.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Hide and seek
Asked to expedite my application on 8th April
Travel date 15th April, which was accepted.
No news till morning, I reached to passport office and they gave me tracking number of canada post which says "out for delivery' and I am not home. Hope I catch up, before it return . What a journey !!!

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
:confused:Reading about everyone's bad experiences with passport applications made me nervous, hopefully it goes smoothly

- Application Sent: April 13, 2022
- Application Delivered: April 14, 2022
- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received:
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received:

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
I also freaked out when I noticed it when doing the final review on my application yesterday. I hope it won't be an issue for you.
I pray it’s not an issue. Worst case scenario, they’ll return my application and I’ll have to apply again. Oh well! We’ll see

akhirti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Toronto
I thought I'd send my timeline and update as I hear more:
Mailed In: March 29th, 2022
Delivered: March 30th, 2022
Pending further updates...