+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Mine was delivered the day after yours (from BC). Maybe my CC will finally get charged today/this week! I am on hold with them right now to see if they can tell me anything.
Did you get anything from the call? I sent my application from BC on Feb 28 and although they called yesterday for CC info, I see no charge on my account.

Navedbc

Mar 28, 2022
Sharing the timelines for my application:
Application received by passport office by mail :28 Feb 2022
CC charged : 17 March
Passport received : 13th April 2022
Certificate to be received 2 days later as per passport office .
No travel dates declared

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Did you get anything from the call? I sent my application from BC on Feb 28 and although they called yesterday for CC info, I see no charge on my account.
Still on hold, I accidently hung up about 45 minutes in the first time, so was right back at 580 people ahead of me.

24 ahead of me to go...

Reactions: Klamm

deborsi

Feb 14, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Mailed in my application to Gatineau yesterday (12th of March, 2022) and it was received this morning. I will post updates as they happen.

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022
Application Received at Passport Canada Office: Feb 9th 2022
Ontario applicant. New Passport application after obtaining citizenship. 2 applications in one mail.

Credit Card hasn't been charged yet. Called today and after a long wait all that they could tell me was that the application was received on feb 9th, a file has been created in their system and someone is working on it. She couldn't provide any further details which makes me believe that they haven't touched it after creating an entry in the system.
I received a call on Apr 9th (exactly 2 months from when they got my application) from the Passport officer who worked on my file and he informed me that my application has been processed and he will be mailing my passport. Hope I will receive it this week.

Do they call every applicant to inform them? It was from a 205 number and on a Saturday. Didn't know they worked on Saturdays. Sweet Overtime Dollars.

I had called the customer service number 5 days before. Don't know whether that brought attention to my file or it was just coincidental. I was on the verge of contacting my MP's office to request help. Glad it worked out before that. I hate to waste so many peoples time on this.

On to the next headache. As my country of birth doesn't allow dual citizenship, now i have to obtain visa to visit my parents. fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver and Klamm

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Didn’t they ask extra fees for file transfer ? I’m very disappointed hearing about the extra fees because of them mothballing the application for months and they charge more fees to give you passport for travel.
Yes its 45 dollars per application. The employee said they are waiving off the urgent pickup fee.

serguti

Jan 17, 2017
All the best. i spent 1 hr today in the line at north york office to pick up passport so please plan accordingly
It was not clear if I should go there tomorrow with no appointment or if they will call me to pick it up?... I'm planning to camp in front of the office tomorrow... any thoughts?

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I am trying to call, but I can't even get in! :/
As soon as I got the busy tone, or the 'sorry' message, I hung up and tried again straight away. Took about 10 times of doing this and then it connected.

The lady I spoke with said that I should get some movement next week And to call back on April 26th for an update if I hadn't received anything by then. I told her about my May 22 plans and she said it should definitely be done by then, but I asked her the earliest date that I could transfer to Vancouver and she said 10 business days prior.

With regards to my credit card not being charged yet, she said that this either happens at the beginning, middle or end of the process and mine just happens to be one of the end ones.

So yea, no firm updates really. But at least there is nothing flagged/missing on my application.

I think she was mostly shocked that I was friendly and not yelling at her. I do feel bad for the people answering the phone lines.

Reactions: Klamm

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Application sent March 3
received in march 8
didn't charge my card
i sent status update yesterday
they charged my card today
My mistake they didn't charge my card, the amount on my card was for different thing
It's been over a month my card is not charged

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
It was not clear if I should go there tomorrow with no appointment or if they will call me to pick it up?... I'm planning to camp in front of the office tomorrow... any thoughts?
i would suggest to wait. they will definitely call you if they said they are accepting your transfer.
also call came from a private number to me.so do not ignore any call. my passport was printed on the day i was supposed to pick up

Reactions: serguti

twranks

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Did the passport office call him and he/she missed the call trying to call back?
Sorry iam not clear
No I actually called ( after waiting for 2 months) and they told me to tell my guarantor to call. It was weird. He then called and it went to voicemail. They haven't called him back since

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
So I finally had to request a transfer!

With travel date on May 1, the agent told me there is no way I could get my passport in time with only 10 days until the end of month (long weekend, etc.). The outrageous thing was they said my "not guaranteed" 20 business days started from yesterday after they confirmed CC info. So I am basically 1 day into the process and not the actually the f**ing 31 BUSINESS DAYS since the delivery of my application!!

Options? Change travel plans or I could ask for a transfer, and even now there is no guarantee that the local office would accept it, which if they do, they'd only call a couple days before the travel date so that you do not miss on any of the stress you need before your travel! And then the usual stuff; they're sorry but I have to pay extra fees, give a written declaration, etc.

Isn't this beautiful?

Kumar90

Apr 30, 2020
I submitted my application at service Canada in Winnipeg on March 10. The service Canada officer told me the mail out date is "April 7". I have booked flight for April 28. I get disconnected after 2 hours wait when I call passport office. This is really frustrating. I am losing hope and going to lose money. Depressing