+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

serguti

Jan 17, 2017
do they know if you have tickets booked?
are they transferring your case to regional office?
I asked for the transfer today and just got the call 9PM… sent them the proof of travel and now waiting for the call on Thursday to pick the passports from the North York office

Reactions: delray55

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I asked for the transfer today and just got the call 9PM… sent them the proof of travel and now waiting for the call on Thursday to pick the passports from the North York office
All the best. i spent 1 hr today in the line at north york office to pick up passport so please plan accordingly

chris921.long

Mar 21, 2020
hello, my credit card was charged on Monday and shown as Pending in my card activity log, but Tuesday night the record is gone and nothing is showing. Has any one experienced the same?

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
hello, my credit card was charged on Monday and shown as Pending in my card activity log, but Tuesday night the record is gone and nothing is showing. Has anyone experienced the same?
Yes, same here. It showed up again in the transaction log about two days after. Don't panic!

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
can someone please help..we are trying to get passport for our baby born in toronto, tried to get appointment in service canada centre but unfortunately there is nothing available..we have to travel to our home country soon. we found an option to send application via mail. can anyone help to brief the process? also approximately how many weeks/days it takes to receive passport from toronto if applied through this channel?( would be great if we know an approximate processing time so that we can plan travel)

Reactions: chpraveen52

chpraveen52

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
can someone please help..we are trying to get passport for our baby born in toronto, tried to get appointment in service canada centre but unfortunately there is nothing available..we have to travel to our home country soon. we found an option to send application via mail. can anyone help to brief the process? also approximately how many weeks/days it takes to receive passport from toronto if applied through this channel?( would be great if we know an approximate processing time so that we can plan travel)
Hi im in same exact situation for new born baby.
Passport aplication sent by mail on march 11
Credit charged on april 5th
Waiting for passport for my child

Tried

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Small update:
My CC has just been charged today April 12.

Timeline:
App sent Feb 21
Delivered Feb 24
From BC

I think my application is the slowest one but at least it is moving.
But I put Unknown in the travel date field in my application so maybe that caused the delay.
Mine was delivered the day after yours (from BC). Maybe my CC will finally get charged today/this week! I am on hold with them right now to see if they can tell me anything.

Reactions: Klamm

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I just mailed my application on Monday and it was received yesterday in Gatineau. I'm travelling July 10th so hopefully enough time!

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
request to transfer to the call center - day 0
call from local office confirming travel and requesting proof of travel - day 1
file arrived in local office and they called back confirming appointment to pickup (credit card charged same day)- day 5
pick up of passport - day 6
hope this helps. they need 2-3 days to transfer depending on the work load they have
Didn’t they ask extra fees for file transfer ? I’m very disappointed hearing about the extra fees because of them mothballing the application for months and they charge more fees to give you passport for travel.

Reactions: Klamm

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Didn’t they ask extra fees for file transfer ? I’m very disappointed hearing about the extra fees because of them mothballing the application for months and they charge more fees to give you passport for travel.
Yeah! This is unacceptable. If we applied well ahead of time using their posted processing times and they didn’t deliver, then why should we pay the cost?