+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
We submitted the passport applications (I, wife and Kid) on March 4th ( delivered). CC charged for me and wife on March 27th. But CC not charged for my kid. We called last week and the agent said my Kid's application has missing info and it will be delivered back. we waited for a week. Again I called today. The agent said my Kid's application is not delivered to their mailroom yet and mentioned she will send an email to the concerned department. Fingers crossed when it will be delivered back to me. I tried to book appointment online but no slots available near my location within a radius of 250 kms. I said it to the agent. she mentioned you need to try booking again and again until it opens up. Please let me know if any options available other than mailing the application form again. Mailing again is horrible as it will take more time again. can i walk in to any passport office and mention as application correction? I have travel plans shortly.
Not sure. if you are in Toronto/Kitchener, i saw in the other thread that walks in are allowed in Kitchener passport office

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-in-person-timeline.748892/post-10040676

• Love
Reactions: Arock123

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Do I have to click on the “complete form” button on the application form? I clicked on it expecting some sort of barcode to be generated on the last page (like it used to happen with work permit applications) but nothing happened. I’m worried if my adobe is broken or if I’m just over thinking it.
What happened when y’all clicked on the “complete form” button?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Do I have to click on the “complete form” button on the application form? I clicked on it expecting some sort of barcode to be generated on the last page (like it used to happen with work permit applications) but nothing happened. I’m worried if my adobe is broken or if I’m just over thinking it.
What happened when y’all clicked on the “complete form” button?
no need to click that. you can just print it. but make sure that buttons dont appear in print out

Reactions: t_Addy.

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
Hi, does anyone have experience with a file transfer? they called me already to collect my information and credit card Last Thursday 2022-04-07, I sent my proof of travel but I haven't seen any charges on my credit card. They promised to have the passport ready for pickup on April 20. I haven't heard anything from them again, and they haven't charged me for the transfer. Any experience like this?

Thanks
Hi, approx. how long from after you requested file transfer did they call to collect you cc information?
I'm in a similar situation and still waiting for their call.

canpr123

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Sent in mail application on March 16.
Reached Gatineau on March 17th.
CC charged on 12th April.
Hopefully passport arrives soon. Fingers crossed.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi, does anyone have experience with a file transfer? they called me already to collect my information and credit card Last Thursday 2022-04-07, I sent my proof of travel but I haven't seen any charges on my credit card. They promised to have the passport ready for pickup on April 20. I haven't heard anything from them again, and they haven't charged me for the transfer. Any experience like this?

Thanks
request to transfer to the call center - day 0
call from local office confirming travel and requesting proof of travel - day 1
file arrived in local office and they called back confirming appointment to pickup (credit card charged same day)- day 5
pick up of passport - day 6
hope this helps. they need 2-3 days to transfer depending on the work load they have

Reactions: PumpkinJack

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi, approx. how long from after you requested file transfer did they call to collect you cc information?
I'm in a similar situation and still waiting for their call.
if it is already few days since you requested transfer you may want to call again
The local office has to accept the transfer (which is electronic) then they bring the physical form i guess (which takes 2-3 business days)

gcamp

Mar 22, 2022
So I just got a strange call. I got a call on March 23rd was asked to reapply due to needing a new guarantor. I applied in person via appointment and resubmitted a new application on April 1st. The person I spoke to today said someone must not have updated my file as the reason she was calling today was to say I needed to reapply. I have a receipt to pickup my passport tomorrow. Should I be worried? I travel Monday.

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
if it is already few days since you requested transfer you may want to call again
The local office has to accept the transfer (which is electronic) then they bring the physical form i guess (which takes 2-3 business days)
Okay thanks, guess I can give them a couple more days.

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Small update:
My CC has just been charged today April 12.

Timeline:
App sent Feb 21
Delivered Feb 24
From BC

I think my application is the slowest one but at least it is moving.
But I put Unknown in the travel date field in my application so maybe that caused the delay.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So I just got a strange call. I got a call on March 23rd was asked to reapply due to needing a new guarantor. I applied in person via appointment and resubmitted a new application on April 1st. The person I spoke to today said someone must not have updated my file as the reason she was calling today was to say I needed to reapply. I have a receipt to pickup my passport tomorrow. Should I be worried? I travel Monday.
Did you apply express? I doubt they have two files for you from the sound of it.