+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
After exactly 7 weeks (35 business days) of submitting my passport application, and after 29 months from submitting my citizenship application, my journey has finally reached the end today by receiving my passport. Here is my timeline

Submitted: Feb 21st
Received: Feb 22nd
CC Charged: March 14th
Passport and citizenship certificate received in one envelope: April 11th

No one was called. The journey was very long and frustrating, but today it's a time for celebrating. I hope your turn is soon. Good luck everyone.
Congrats. Happy for you!

Reactions: CaBeaver

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
After exactly 7 weeks (35 business days) of submitting my passport application, and after 29 months from submitting my citizenship application, my journey has finally reached the end today by receiving my passport. Here is my timeline

Submitted: Feb 21st
Received: Feb 22nd
CC Charged: March 14th
Passport and citizenship certificate received in one envelope: April 11th

No one was called. The journey was very long and frustrating, but today it's a time for celebrating. I hope your turn is soon. Good luck everyone.
Many Congratulations, really happy for you!!

Reactions: CaBeaver

gcamp

Mar 22, 2022
Has anyone received a response back when filing request for status on the passport using the link below? I sent a request 2 weeks ago and nothing. We applied in person at service canada first week of March and nothing since then, we were told expected dispatch date 4th of April.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx
I put in a request March 17th and got an email response on April 10th to call the 1-800#

Reactions: cyberkodi

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I just called passport helpline, I got an automated message saying (our offices are currently closed) ?

It's 12.15pm est and within working hours, how come they are closed?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Has anyone received a response back when filing request for status on the passport using the link below? I sent a request 2 weeks ago and nothing. We applied in person at service canada first week of March and nothing since then, we were told expected dispatch date 4th of April.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx
I sent a request 3 weeks ago, and didn't receive a response. I also sent a complaint and nothing, not even an acknowledgement, which they say they will send in 2 business days.

Reactions: cyberkodi

jfabiansosa

May 17, 2017
Hi, does anyone have experience with a file transfer? they called me already to collect my information and credit card Last Thursday 2022-04-07, I sent my proof of travel but I haven't seen any charges on my credit card. They promised to have the passport ready for pickup on April 20. I haven't heard anything from them again, and they haven't charged me for the transfer. Any experience like this?

Thanks

Reactions: Kornet

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
So someone from Passport Canada called me today and said our applications are all good and just missing the expiry date of my CC. I asked her when I can expect the passports, and she said she’d examined the applications and that they were all good, so now she’d send them to accounting to have the credit cards charged (finally!!!) and that it could be a couple of weeks from then. I said my travel date is May 1 and she recommended to ask for a transfer!!
To me, this shows A) they’re only picking up my application now after 6 weeks!!!
and 2) it will most probably be more than 2 weeks at this point!

Arock123

Apr 12, 2022
We submitted the passport applications (I, wife and Kid) on March 4th ( delivered). CC charged for me and wife on March 27th. But CC not charged for my kid. We called last week and the agent said my Kid's application has missing info and it will be delivered back. we waited for a week. Again I called today. The agent said my Kid's application is not delivered to their mailroom yet and mentioned she will send an email to the concerned department. Fingers crossed when it will be delivered back to me. I tried to book appointment online but no slots available near my location within a radius of 250 kms. I said it to the agent. she mentioned you need to try booking again and again until it opens up. Please let me know if any options available other than mailing the application form again. Mailing again is horrible as it will take more time again. can i walk in to any passport office and mention as application correction? I have travel plans shortly.