+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
After exactly 7 weeks (35 business days) of submitting my passport application, and after 29 months from submitting my citizenship application, my journey has finally reached the end today by receiving my passport. Here is my timeline

Submitted: Feb 21st
Received: Feb 22nd
CC Charged: March 14th
Passport and citizenship certificate received in one envelope: April 11th

No one was called. The journey was very long and frustrating, but today it's a time for celebrating. I hope your turn is soon. Good luck everyone.

Navedbc

Mar 28, 2022
Hi guys, do we get any notification email once the passport and citizenship certificate is dispatched? Or do we need to keep checking the mailbox everyday? My card got charged Apr 6th and looking forward to the originals. Still not done yet, the OCI epic starts from now(Indian citizen)
You can get replies on twitter directly from them if you post your question and ask them directly. I tweeted and got the reply they don’t notify at all .

Reactions: Kornet
Mar 15, 2022
After exactly 7 weeks (35 business days) of submitting my passport application, and after 29 months from submitting my citizenship application, my journey has finally reached the end today by receiving my passport. Here is my timeline

No one was called. The journey was very long and frustrating, but today it's a time for celebrating. I hope your turn is soon. Good luck everyone.
Did you receive a reply to your complaints?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congrats! it's about time

Reactions: CaBeaver

serguti

Jan 17, 2017
Hi all, here is my kids passport journey (first time application from North York to Gatineau)
Submitted March 14
CC charge April 6

Travel booked April 15... my bet is that I will get it April 13th...

my application was on Feb and from the CC charge 2 business days got the citizenship certificate back and the 3rd business day from the CC charge got my passport..

please I need some hope here... what are your bets?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
You can get replies on twitter directly from them if you post your question and ask them directly. I tweeted and got the reply they don’t notify at all .
On twitter they give general feedback, like contact us on this number or on this form ... etc. Tracking info can be obtained by phone, but also by an email if you have an update request and the response happened to be after the documents are dispatched but before they are received.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi all, here is my kids passport journey (first time application from North York to Gatineau)
Submitted March 14
CC charge April 6

Travel booked April 15... my bet is that I will get it April 13th...

my application was on Feb and from the CC charge 2 business days got the citizenship certificate back and the 3rd business day from the CC charge got my passport..

please I need some hope here... what are your bets?
do they know if you have tickets booked?
are they transferring your case to regional office?

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021

Big congratulations! Finally, the terrible waiting game is over for you. Hope the process will be much better next time :)

Reactions: CaBeaver

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
Hello,

My son has to apply for adult passport as his child passport has been expired last August. When we checked the documents that needs to be submitted for identification, we leaned that we need to submit one photo ID along with name and signature. Since he turned 16 few months ago, we do not have any photo ID with signature. On top of this, his healthcard also expired a month ago. He applied for his health card 4 weeks ago. Usually it takes 4 weeks to get the new card, however due to pandemic, it is taking long time.

Now, he has to travel with us to go and see his grandmother who is in NY in two weeks. The grandmother not well and this may the last chance to see her.

Would you please let me know what kind of proof of ID we can submit to passport office (got an in person appointment on April 21)? Since his passport expired not less than a year, can we show that as a proof?

Please let me know.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Big congratulations! Finally, the terrible waiting game is over for you. Hope the process will be much better next time :)
Thanks. Yes, I hope after 10 years things would be better, and there won't be a climate change disaster or another crisis. I hope your turn is next. Good luck

Reactions: TokyoH

TheDarkKnight

Dec 5, 2017
Received son's passport yesterday.

Timeline:
App sent to Gatineau (from Ontario): Feb 27, 2022
App received in Gatineau: March 1, 2022
CC Charged: March 22, 2022
Passport received: April 11, 2022

Reactions: Esi1979 and TokyoH