+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
you have sent it pretty late!! I remember you were one of the earliest who have done their Oath from Nov2020 thread. Anyway! welcome to the club :D
Thank you! Back at it again! :)

I am not in a rush actually, but I went to passport Canada in late December, so I thought I could just walk in later in January and that's it. Then they changed the rules, so if it's not urgent , you have to mail it in lol Then I realized that you need a guarantor, had to send papers back to Vancouver (I moved to Toronto 2 years ago), took some time to sign them, then I realized you need guarantor's signature on ID's, so have to send everything back again.
Finally got everything signed and ready to go!

What's your timeline?

Reactions: sk000

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
you have sent it pretty late!! I remember you were one of the earliest who have done their Oath from Nov2020 thread. Anyway! welcome to the club :D
But you know what's funny, they also changed the time of getting citizenship (they increased time pretty much for everything), now it's 27 months instead of 12. Also if you loose your certificate, it's going to take 17 months to replace it (not sure why it's so long, it's just a piece of paper). And we all know, that instead of 27 months can be easily all 36.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Thank you! Back at it again! :)

I am not in a rush actually, but I went to passport Canada in late December, so I thought I could just walk in later in January and that's it. Then they changed the rules, so if it's not urgent , you have to mail it in lol Then I realized that you need a guarantor, had to send papers back to Vancouver (I moved to Toronto 2 years ago), took some time to sign them, then I realized you need guarantor's signature on ID's, so have to send everything back again.
Finally got everything signed and ready to go!

What's your timeline?
I havent sent my application yet. I have been deciding in-person vs mail-in for the last couple of days. After following this thread seems like its better to apply in-person through service canada. Now the challenging part is, i cant book an appointment anywhere near GTA or closest to my home. I dont wanna take a chance for walk-in cause people are saying if you do it'll take a whole day. I cant take a day off from work just for this! I dont know yet!! once done i'll post it here. Good to see you here regardless :)
But you know what's funny, they also changed the time of getting citizenship (they increased time pretty much for everything), now it's 27 months instead of 12. Also if you loose your certificate, it's going to take 17 months to replace it (not sure why it's so long, it's just a piece of paper). And we all know, that instead of 27 months can be easily all 36.
Yeah! not just that application type! they've increased for every immigration application type!
you are right that 27 months will be easily 36 or more by looking at our timeline :D

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
I havent sent my application yet. I have been deciding in-person vs mail-in for the last couple of days. After following this thread seems like its better to apply in-person through service canada. Now the challenging part is, i cant book an appointment anywhere near GTA or closest to my home. I dont wanna take a chance for walk-in cause people are saying if you do it'll take a whole day. I cant take a day off from work just for this! I dont know yet!! once done i'll post it here. Good to see you here regardless :)

Yeah! not just that application type! they've increased for every immigration application type!
you are right that 27 months will be easily 36 or more by looking at our timeline :D
Good to see you as well!

That good old November 2020 team haha :)

Let's see how long it's going to take to get the passport.

I walked in in late December (Downtown Toronto office), right when they open, so it was basically empty.

Thanks GOD we did get our citizenship earlier. 27 months is too much.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Good to see you as well!

That good old November 2020 team haha :)

Let's see how long it's going to take to get the passport.

I walked in in late December (Downtown Toronto office), right when they open, so it was basically empty.

Thanks GOD we did get our citizenship earlier. 27 months is too much.
time is getting better
27 for the oldest
mine was 15 months
yours?

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022
Got my passport!!
Passport mailed Feb 8th
Received Feb 9th in Gatineau
Silence....
Completed web form March 3rd: file not created
Filed complaint March 21st
Called phone line (4 hour wait) March 23rd: said file was in good shape. ETA end of March
Silence... no cc charge still
March 31st got call from complaint section. The file had been transferred to them.
March 31st cc charged
April 4th passport printed in Victoria
April 6th passport, certificate and receipt received!!

What a long road! Will make it to my destination wedding after all.
It's unacceptable the way they process our applications. I would expect PAssport Canada to be more organized. Yes, we all understand that the volume of applications have gone up. But the fact that they let your application sit there idling for 2 months until the complaints team jumps in.. this is so inefficient

Reactions: mpsqra and CaBeaver

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
This is the 7th week since my application submitted. CC was charged on Mar 25. Still NOTHING.
like me,,, still nothing,,, CC was charge on mar 21st
In canada good news never arrive, but bad news arrive immediately, so
we'll have it soon,,,,

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hey Guys,

Waiting game starts again haha :)

- Application Sent: March 30, 2022
- Application Delivered: April 1, 2022

From Toronto to Gatineau, Quebec
i have similar timelines as you.. keep me posted if you see any progress.. i dont think i will see anything happening until May.. but fingers crossed

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
No. I put expected travel date as of Jun 1, 2022
This could be one of the reasons. They try to prioritize applications with travel dates that are within the next 25-5 business days is my guess, so the closer the date the more chances it is being processed.

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
This could be one of the reasons. They try to prioritize applications with travel dates that are within the next 25-5 business days is my guess, so the closer the date the more chances it is being processed.
Could be
I left it in blank