+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ohh..I applied March 3rd. And i called then last tuesday when the lady told me my application is under review and there was no other info. Then on friday i see finally my cc was charged.
Have you tried calling them? She told me in general the processing time fot applications is 6 weeks.
Yes, I called last Friday. No issue in my application "so far" as I was told, and it's still in examination, then was told to call back in 2-3 weeks. I don't think even 6 weeks is accurate these day.

Karo10

Oct 5, 2021
Probably it's still in examination, otherwise she would have mentioned had it been approved or dispatched. It makes sense given the nature of Passport Canada they said there is no note, they don't want to be held accountable. Even if it's there they would lie, as they lie about the 20 business days processing time. They told you to call back in 2 weeks?
I applied with in person at service canada..no she just said call back again.. on the recipt says april 6th expected shipping date..

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Yes, I called last Friday. No issue in my application "so far" as I was told, and it's still in examination, then was told to call back in 2-3 weeks. I don't think even 6 weeks is accurate these day.
I applied 27 FEB 2022

Reactions: CaBeaver

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Has anybody had experience with transferring their in-mail application to the local office and getting their passport on time 2-3 weeks before their actual travel date?

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Ohh i was hoping after CC being charged it is fast.. disappointing to know it can still take weeks..☹
By any chance do you know if they send the certificate and passport in a single mail or multiple?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Ohh i was hoping after CC being charged it is fast.. disappointing to know it can still take weeks..☹
By any chance do you know if they send the certificate and passport in a single mail or multiple?
most of the time separate mail,,,, some times together,,,

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Hi All,
I see my CC was charged by the passport office last friday. Does anyone know how much time it takes to get the passport after this?
I want to call them to get the tracking number. How long should i wait to call them?
We have the same timeline. We can't predict the remaining time. I've seen most received the pp from 4 to 11 working days and others reached 33 and didn't receive yet. Try to give them a call. I tried and waited for 2 hrs and line was disconnected. Let us know, please.

rememberme

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
We have the same timeline. We can't predict the remaining time. I've seen most received the pp from 4 to 11 working days and others reached 33 and didn't receive yet. Try to give them a call. I tried and waited for 2 hrs and line was disconnected. Let us know, please.
Can you please share the number to call at?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I applied with in person at service canada..no she just said call back again.. on the recipt says april 6th expected shipping date..
I know you applied at service Canada. They don't give you expected date when you mail your application.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Not all applications are the same. I am telling my personal experience. You never know. Yours maybe approved this week. What's your office by the way? The office that charged your CC?

As for the certificate and passport, recently I have been reading applicants receiving them together in one envelope for most cases.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I completed 30 business days since I submitted my application, and still nothing. Call them at 7:30 am EDT. You will get through in 30 minutes.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Mine with Gatineau, too. A common thread for the delay I assume. I saw people with other offices like Whitby progress faster. I am sorry there is no news for you. I called today and was told no issues on your file. So why is the delay, I asked. Was told Covid BS. I filed a complaint yesterday. Let's see if they are serious about complaints as they claim to be and talk to me to address my dissatisfaction
I filed a complaint on March 3rd and have had no response. I try to call often and either the call did not go through, fast busy signal or sit waiting for 300 calls ahead, only to have my call disconnected.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver