+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

action.me

May 7, 2021
Mine with Gatineau, too. A common thread for the delay I assume. I saw people with other offices like Whitby progress faster. I am sorry there is no news for you. I called today and was told no issues on your file. So why is the delay, I asked. Was told Covid BS. I filed a complaint yesterday. Let's see if they are serious about complaints as they claim to be and talk to me to address my dissatisfaction
Don't they have like 500+ callers in line at any given time? Lol.

Your complaint is sadly going to fall on deaf ears. One thing which will end this chaos is June 30. That's the day "emergency" expires and Service Canada starts getting penalized for not meeting service standard. They will start coughing out refunds at that point but the govt might just extend that date.

Until the service standard act actually starts applying, they don't give a shit if you waited 60 or 90 or 300 days. Lol.

Here's a little tip - submit one status request and one complaint each calendar day. See and keep it to yourself on what happens.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Don't they have like 500+ callers in line at any given time? Lol.

Your complaint is sadly going to fall on deaf ears. One thing which will end this chaos is June 30. That's the day "emergency" expires and Service Canada starts getting penalized for not meeting service standard. They will start coughing out refunds at that point but the govt might just extend that date.

Until the service standard act actually starts applying, they don't give a shit if you waited 60 or 90 or 300 days. Lol.

Here's a little tip - submit one status request and one complaint each calendar day. See and keep it to yourself on what happens.
They must give a shit. This quality of service is garbage. I doubt any decent country, not necessary first world country, gives this quality of services like Canada does. I will keep sending complaints and updates requests every week and update here all I want. This fixed service standards also is a garbage. They should have adopted dynamic processing times along time ago. No one gives a fuck about the service standards. All we care about is how in actuality an application would take to be finished if I submitted it today, based on the most recent completed/approved applications, so we can plan our travels accordingly. My application is stuck in examination, but if I tomorrow presented them with a ticket, my application would be approved in one day. This "examination" is just a fake formality just to say we are studying and investigating, although they know in reality there is nothing to investigate and examine.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Believe me, I am taking it easy. I still haven't called after 36 days. By the end of this week, it would be 40 days since I submitted my application. I see applicants start calling after 2 weeks. It seems to me though if we don't bug them, they wouldn't budge, especially if you put "unknown" as your travel date, which is what I did unfortunately.
after almost 16 month citizenship application,,, almost 3 weeks for certificate,,, it would be like 5-6 weeks passport process
now is more important Ukraine, before Syria,,,, but never the bad processes of IRCC
read this to laugh
The Feds Are Making It Easier To Renew Your Canadian Passport If It's Expired (msn.com)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
after almost 16 month citizenship application,,, almost 3 weeks for certificate,,, it would be like 5-6 weeks passport process
now is more important Ukraine, before Syria,,,, but never the bad processes of IRCC
read this to laugh
The Feds Are Making It Easier To Renew Your Canadian Passport If It's Expired (msn.com)
I am OK with 6 weeks processing time, but it's already been 6 weeks for me, and I was told to call again in 2-3 weeks, which means it may take more than 8 weeks, which is 40 business days, while they say it's 20 business days. If you compare a passport application with a citizenship application, 30 business days is bad service. There isn't any background check, no physical presence, no tax check ... etc. It's a straightforward process.

Refugees should not affect the Passport Program. This program is dedicated for citizens. I understand how the refugees crises have affected all immigration categories.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I am OK with 6 weeks processing time, but it's already been 6 weeks for me, and I was told to call again in 2-3 weeks, which means it may take more than 8 weeks, which is 40 business days, while they say it's 20 business days. If you compare a passport application with a citizenship application, 30 business days is bad service. There isn't any background check, no physical presence, no tax check ... etc. It's a straightforward process.

Refugees should not affect the Passport Program. This program is dedicated for citizens. I understand how the refugees crises have affected all immigration categories.
citizenship from 12 months to 27
express entry from 6 months to 27
quebec to 31
refugees,,, stolen ours taxes,,, none

nasadadadsa

Mar 3, 2022
Passport Application Sent to Mississauga ON from Vancouver BC: February 23
Passport Application Received: February 28
Tracking Request Sent: March 11
Tracking Request Reply: March 13 ("Under examination")

No CC charge, despite waiting more than 20 business days! I called last Monday, March 28 to transfer it to a local office. The woman on the phone told me I would need to wait an additional 2-5 business days just to transfer.... What an absolute joke. The best part is that I leave on April 6th. Whatever happens, I am going to hold someone responsible. Disgusting display of incompetence by our government institutions.

P.S: I wrote the travel date too! So they HAD to know when I was leaving!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

No CC charge, despite waiting more than 20 business days! I called last Monday, March 28 to transfer it to a local office. The woman on the phone told me I would need to wait an additional 2-5 business days just to transfer.... What an absolute joke. The best part is that I leave on April 6th. Whatever happens, I am going to hold someone responsible. Disgusting display of incompetence by our government institutions.

Indeed a grand display of incompetence. File a complaint if you haven't already. It takes 12 business days to respond to it, but the hope is that someone in charge with a conscious will act sooner. My file was received Feb 22nd, and it's still in examination under the microscope to make sure every single atom in my citizenship certificate is genuine.

Reactions: tgman

Tommy22shoes

Jun 14, 2017

I'd be curious to know what difference having an application transferred to a local office does. As far as I know, based on the call I received requesting new photos, my application is be done at a local office (where I was told to send new photos) and I've still been waiting nearly 2 months

Last edited:
Reactions: Kornet

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I was reading on Passport Canada's twitter account the stories and lack of responses on applicants' files, which are many. Gave me more reason not to be optimistic things will be done soon :confused:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I'd be curious to know what difference having an application transferred to a local office does. As far as I know, based on the call I received requesting new photos, my application is be done at a local office (where I was told to send new photos) and I've still been waiting nearly 2 months
In the local office you can expedite your file by paying express if you are traveling soon with a ticket.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Hello everyone, I applied for passport application (in mail) on 23rd Feb 2022. My wife and I got my passports on 28th March 2022 however they returned the application of my daughter with a note that they need original birth certificate with the translation from any authorized Ontario translator.

Could some please confirm if I have to fill the application form again or the previous application form (signed by us and guarantor on 23rd Feb) can be re-used?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello everyone, I applied for passport application (in mail) on 23rd Feb 2022. My wife and I got my passports on 28th March 2022 however they returned the application of my daughter with a note that they need original birth certificate with the translation from any authorized Ontario translator.

Could some please confirm if I have to fill the application form again or the previous application form (signed by us and guarantor on 23rd Feb) can be re-used?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
You should sign the credit card information again.
Read section B
"both pages within 12 months by the guarantor"