+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I haven't filed a complaint but I submitted a status request over a week ago. Looks like they have decided to delay that as well.
It's funny my citizenship application took over 2 years to process. I finally thought I was done waiting but they managed to find a new reason

Maybe I forgot to cross a t or dot an i
The last update request I sent took 17 calendar days to be answered. Complaints take 12 business days to be answered. So, basically nothing is working with Passport Canada. All options are bad. In any case, I would suggest you file a complaint. It's been well beyond 20 business days for you.

blackandwhite

Feb 26, 2019
I have a problem here. I sent my canadian passport by mistake to the wrong address, i am applying from Ontario and by mistake i sent the application to Po box 4000 lcd3 Mississauga. What should i do?

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi application received Mars 7 CC charged Mars 25 I just call toda they said all documents are completed I have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks….. will see

Tommy22shoes

Jun 14, 2017
The last update request I sent took 17 calendar days to be answered. Complaints take 12 business days to be answered. So, basically nothing is working with Passport Canada. All options are bad. In any case, I would suggest you file a complaint. It's been well beyond 20 business days for you.
I wish I could just cancel the application and start a new one and take it in person to a service canada office. I'm sure it would be quicker.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I wish I could just cancel the application and start a new one and take it in person to a service canada office. I'm sure it would be quicker.
Cancel it, but a bus ticket to NY for the day after tomorrow, and go to passport Canada for urgent processing. We should just wait one day before our travel and then wave the ticket in Passport Canada's face. Only then they work and process our applications quickly. But if you apply 2 months before your travel's date, no, you have to wait more than two months to process your application.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Really I don’t know he say all documents looks good and when applications looks like this usually take 10 days to 2 weeks he didn’t say it’s approved I wish yes but will see
The agent you talked to seems more open to divulge details. The agent I talked to was not. She only said your file is still under examination, call us again in 2-3 weeks. Useless

Tommy22shoes

Jun 14, 2017
Cancel it, but a bus ticket to NY for the day after tomorrow, and go to passport Canada for urgent processing. We should just wait one day before our travel and then wave the ticket in Passport Canada's face. Only then they work and process our applications quickly. But if you apply 2 months before your travel's date, no, you have to wait more than two months to process your application.
Lol. Yeah it the usual system of follow the rules and get screwed, don't and be rewarded

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
The agent you talked to seems more open to divulge details. The agent I talked to was not. She only said your file is still under examination, call us again in 2-3 weeks. Useless
Yes same of them you feel they answer fast your question and always is under examination. This one today put me on hold for 5 min and he give me more details…. More exp than others u can feel that the way how he talk …..

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes, why ? Btw nothing new under the sun for my wife T__T"
Mine with Gatineau, too. A common thread for the delay I assume. I saw people with other offices like Whitby progress faster. I am sorry there is no news for you. I called today and was told no issues on your file. So why is the delay, I asked. Was told Covid BS. I filed a complaint yesterday. Let's see if they are serious about complaints as they claim to be and talk to me to address my dissatisfaction

Ragnheidr

Aug 9, 2021
Mine with Gatineau, too. A common thread for the delay I assume. I saw people with other offices like Whitby progress faster. I am sorry there is no news for you. I called today and was told no issues on your file. So why is the delay, I asked. Was told Covid BS. I filed a complaint yesterday. Let's see if they are serious about complaints as they claim to be and talk to me to address my dissatisfaction
We also filled a complain 20 days go, no news... have you asked for a file transfer maybe ? I don't know how much they BS people over the phone so !

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
We also filled a complain 20 days go, no news... have you asked for a file transfer maybe ? I don't know how much they BS people over the phone so !
20 days ago should be more than 12 business days. They should call you early next week.

I didn't ask for file transfer. I applied before enough time to my travel. I won't pay extra $45 to transfer my file, especially if there is no guarantee. I will reconsider in 2 weeks time. Let's see