+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This is an exaggeration. We literally just finished the process, mailing on Feb 28 and receiving the passport&certificate back on March 30.

There's certainly some risk in mailing it but I think saying "NEVER" do it is overstating the risk.
I am sad to say they seem to scrutinize some applications more than others merely based on names. There is no logic in the process. I submitted in before you, and you get it before me. Fuck this process

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I wonder if the folks applying from BC have seen any movements? I passed the four-week mark (since delivery) yesterday and still no CC charge!

Reactions: kd216

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
This is an exaggeration. We literally just finished the process, mailing on Feb 28 and receiving the passport&certificate back on March 30.

There's certainly some risk in mailing it but I think saying "NEVER" do it is overstating the risk.
Congrats on receiving your passport @dsanchez :)

Yeah, I wish more people get their application processed as quickly as yours.

My statement would definitely sound as I’m exaggerating but the need for inmail application is diminishing and will turn unnecessary for most of us as in person option is open for everyone. I meant to say why going through a risky route when you have better options.

The risk may be small for most people but if you’re from India or other countries where they don’t allow dual citizenship, the risk is high as you have to go through other time consuming process before visiting your home country. Things get worse if you have an elderly parent back home where you don’t know when you have to book the next flight in case of emergency.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if the folks applying from BC have seen any movements? I passed the four-week mark (since delivery) yesterday and still no CC charge!
I have a hypothesis that people from certain countries are being scrutinized regardless of the office even if they are Canadian citizens, while others from "favorable" countries are not.

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
To all that are waiting for your passports, I feel you guys. I am still waiting for mine as well. The whole process for passport definitely needs a huge rebuild for efficiency and transparency. Wish all of us all the best!

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
I'm from BC and my CC still hasn't been charged. I submitted the app on Feb 21 and delivered on Feb 24.

• Wow
Reactions: Klamm

Esi1979

Feb 12, 2022
To all that are waiting for your passports, I feel you guys. I am still waiting for mine as well. The whole process for passport definitely needs a huge rebuild for efficiency and transparency. Wish all of us all the best!
How long does it take for people who submit their application at service canada as a regular processing to get their passport?

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
How long does it take for people who submit their application at service canada as a regular processing to get their passport?
The website says 20 business days. Actually, there are many people that has been waiting for 40 business days or more

AnkiQC

Dec 28, 2021
When I submitted my request, the lady told me that if the passport hasn't arrived by April 25, I should call them (that would make it 25 business days.) Looking at this thread, I am not very optimistic. In the end, I think applying via Service Canada is more or less like applying by mail, except you get to keep your original documents since they verify and authenticate everything in-place.

ali7274

Mar 31, 2022
Application sent: March 23rd
Application delivered: March 24th
CC charge: March 31st

I'm confused as to why my CC was charged so much sooner than everyone else's. Only took 5 business days for me. I did a mail-in from the US, so maybe that's why? I also lost my passport but was only charged for the new passport, not the lost passport fee, so I'm not sure what's going on there but hopefully I get my passport in the coming weeks.

I also put "Unknown" for date of travel.

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
Congrats. For a recap, would you mind sharing your full timeline one last time? Also did they call the guarantor/references?
Sent on Feb 21st.
Received by Mail room on Feb 23rd
CC charged March 23rd
PP and Certificates received March 30

Reactions: CaBeaver

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Also BC and still waiting, 25 business days tomorrow. No CC charge. When I talked to them yesterday, file was still under examination. Same old story.

• Sad
Reactions: Klamm