AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
is there any way to transfer mail in application to in-person application? Meaning, I have applied via mail. Now seems like i have to travel on 28-APR-2022. Is there any way to flip it?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
is there any way to transfer mail in application to in-person application? Meaning, I have applied via mail. Now seems like i have to travel on 28-APR-2022. Is there any way to flip it?
The latest I heard, now you must be traveling in 5 business days to be eligible for file transfer to a local office. It seems it's a huge mess inside passport Canada

Reactions: goodboy97

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
We haven't read anyone who received their passport this week. What's going on? I am losing hope to get my passport in April, and contemplating filing a complaint.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
We haven't read anyone who received their passport this week. What's going on? I am losing hope to get my passport in April, and contemplating filing a complaint.
i see, thanks @CaBeaver. Do you know what is the procedure to do that? i like to transfer the file to the local office.

Last edited:

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
there are 2 places to apply in person.

Service Canada Receiving Agents- No appointment needed (you can walk in) but one should not have any travel plans before 25 business days. No need for proof of travel or need

Service Canada Passport Offices - if travelling between 3-25 business days, you need to get appointment by filling form for call back. If travelling within next 2 business days , you can walk in. But for passport offices you need proof of travel.

you can see which office is offering what level of service at this link

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp
Yea I should have tried to just walkin. When I called them they said you are not allowed to just walk in. Missed the train :( Will just wait for this mail in process to go through. Looks like it been a bit frustrating for people over here

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Yes, still nothing. Application received Feb 22nd, and CC charge March 14th. Almost 40 days passed. It seems things are getting worse by the day not better. No progress. No updates. No calls. No nothing :confused: It turned out mailing our applications was a big mistake.
I just sent mine out this Monday. I feel for you! What did they tell you over the call?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I just sent mine out this Monday. I feel for you! What did they tell you over the call?
I hope you don't have travel plans in the near future and be ready for a long and frustrating wait. I couldn't get through to an agent. The wait time is 2+ hours on the phone.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
So I faxed them the COPR copies. Just take all the COPR to establish parental proof when you’re doing in person application. That helps if there is name discrepancy or any other discrepancies in your child’s birth certificate.

And yes, NEVER mail your applications or you will end up waiting for months without your original citizenship certificate.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
And yes, NEVER mail your applications or you will end up waiting for months without your original citizenship certificate.
This is an exaggeration. We literally just finished the process, mailing on Feb 28 and receiving the passport&certificate back on March 30.

There's certainly some risk in mailing it but I think saying "NEVER" do it is overstating the risk.

Reactions: PumpkinJack