+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
walkin,
just did it today at the cambride service canada office in person with walk in. Took 30 minutes for the processing of fees. The lady even returned my birth certificate as she can authorize the copy. Got the file number too. Lets see now how much time it takes for the passport to come in mail.

Pretty smooth experience.
do you need to have your copy of your ID's signed by gurantor if you do walk in or you can just show them original and they can just verify ?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
- Application Sent: 30 March 2022
- Application Delivered: 30 March 2022 (In person at Service Canada and got the file number too right away and payment done at counter)
- Passport Printed: waiting
- Passport Tracking Details received: waiting
- Passport Received:
When they told you to expect your passport?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
The last renewal my family needed to do is now completed. Sent from Ontario.

Mailed Feb 28
Delivered Mar 2
CC charged Mar 16
Passport and citizenship certificate delivered together Mar 30

No calls to guarantors or references.

Good luck to everyone.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
I agree with the on the spot corrections. Just recently someone mentioned the agent who took their application in Service Canada asked them to do some minor corrections. These minor mistakes could be important to Passport Canada, and we don't realize that, and they can cause delays.

I also agree with the 10 year period, but some of us have travel plans that weren't within the window they allowed for in-person applications at the time we applied. We applied based on the advertised 20 business days, but this processing time is not reflective of the actual processing time, and should be updated frequently so applicants can make informed decision whether to apply in-mail now or in-person later.
I understand all this and I have sympathy. I went through it twice for my son (a renewal) and my wife (a new citizen) in the past couple months and it feels like a big black box. My best advice with everyone is to really take time doing the application correctly - in both cases with ours, it was fairly close to the 20 business days.

However, I'd still say definitely that if you can go do it in person, do that. Process is less likely to stall out due to mistakes and you'll always feel a little more certain.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Called again today, For proof of parentage I’m told the parents name in the child’s birth certificate needs to match exactly. Back home, we don’t use surname but use initials so our names were mentioned with initials in the birth certificate for example John.S instead of John Smith. I’ve included our health card that includes everyone’s name but that’s not accepted. They want a document from IRCC with the full name and suggested to fax COPR copy. Just discovered the COPR doesn’t have parents name . Need to call again :(

So, my applications are not being processed smoothly.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TokyoH and CaBeaver

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times, but what phone number are people using to call them? Neither of the ones I found on the website have connected when I have tried. It's been 23 business days and still no CC charge and I now I am worried that there is something wrong with my application.
Thanks!

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times, but what phone number are people using to call them? Neither of the ones I found on the website have connected when I have tried. It's been 23 business days and still no CC charge and I now I am worried that there is something wrong with my application.
Thanks!

1 (800) 567-6868 this is the number I tried. Not working now so need to try again later

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Isn't it a bit weird that they don't get in touch when something is wrong? If you never followed up, would you just never hear from them?

Reactions: CaBeaver

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
My time line is same as your timeline.. application delivered on 13th Aug. and still waiting for passport.

where i need to call for asking tracking details?
thanks in advance
Hi I am try to fill out the citizen assist 18 form and address section , I am facing problems, such as : I lived in country 2018-08-08 and came to Canada 2018-08-09 and till 2021-05-05 and from 2021-05-09 arrived my home country and 2021-11-05 , I arrived to till now. If I arrange like this then during validate it says problem , so how to arrange the date please advice, Asad