+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Yes after looking at the responses in this thread seems like BC applications are experiencing the longest processing time.
Yeah. Maybe it has something to do with the Mississauga "office"? I am not even sure if there is a passport service there or just a mailroom? But it certainly could have something to do with where the documents go. As far as I know, few provinces/territories send to this address.

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I would call them. Normally, CC is charged after 2-3 weeks.
[/QUOTE]
days is far from accurate. Above that calling is a nightmare. I want to call to see what's going on with my application, but discouraged by the long waiting times and random disconnections reported by others. Is the number at least toll-free, or it counts minutes on the caller?
[/QUOTE]

Exactly! They need to be more clear with instructions. I have not called yet, just because I followed their instructions not to call before 20 business days, but I should've know better that we can't rely on anything governments says. Also, yes, the prospect of waiting for hours only to get "hung up on" is really deterring (which is probably why it is the way it is).

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Exactly! They need to be more clear with instructions. I have not called yet, just because I followed their instructions not to call before 20 business days, but I should've know better that we can't rely on anything governments says. Also, yes, the prospect of waiting for hours only to get "hung up on" is really deterring (which is probably why it is the way it is).
It's been 25 business days for me, 10 business days after CC got charged, and last Friday I received an update my file is still in examination (hasn't been approved yet, and not in production), although they claim it takes 20 business days for in-mail applications, and according to a recent news report, it takes even less, namely 17 business days. Far from accurate for most applicants. I will try calling them the end of this week if I don't receive my passport by then. This would be the first call for me. It took them 17 days to reply to my update request. No easy way to reach them

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
It's been 25 business days for me, 10 business days after CC got charged, and last Friday I received an update my file is still in examination (hasn't been approved yet, and not in production), although they claim it takes 20 business days for in-mail applications, and according to a recent news report, it takes even less, namely 17 business days. Far from accurate for most applicants. I will try calling them the end of this week if I don't receive my passport by then. This would be the first call for me. It took them 17 days to reply to my update request. No easy way to reach them
take it easy
I sent my application one month ago (2022/02/27), it was received (2022/03/01),
it was charge to my credit card last week (2022/03/21),,, I hope that within a month,,,

Reactions: CaBeaver
Mar 15, 2022
I managed to speak to an agent after a 30-minute waiting time (29 callers) and they said the processing officer has until tomorrow to finish the processing. I got my file number and was told to expect the delivery by April 15 if not call back again. They also added there was no issue whatsoever with the application.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I managed to speak to an agent after a 30-minute waiting time (29 callers) and they said the processing officer has until tomorrow to finish the processing. I got my file number and was told to expect the delivery by April 15 if not call back again. They also added there was no issue whatsoever with the application.
when did you apply?

Sobea

Nov 30, 2019
Do I have to send return enevelop with my passport application ( for my citizenship certificate to be sent back to me) ?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Do I have to send return enevelop with my passport application ( for my citizenship certificate to be sent back to me) ?
No, you do not. What you need to send:
1) Application
2) 2 ID photocopy verified by guarantor
3) 2 pic, one of the pic verified by gurantor
4) Payment info (Credit card)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This means printing and delivering the passport alone takes 2 weeks?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
take it easy
I sent my application one month ago (2022/02/27), it was received (2022/03/01),
it was charge to my credit card last week (2022/03/21),,, I hope that within a month,,,
Believe me, I am taking it easy. I still haven't called after 36 days. By the end of this week, it would be 40 days since I submitted my application. I see applicants start calling after 2 weeks. It seems to me though if we don't bug them, they wouldn't budge, especially if you put "unknown" as your travel date, which is what I did unfortunately.

Reactions: PumpkinJack