+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Esi1979

Feb 12, 2022
Hello! I have applied for my passport and my application was delivered on 4th of March. My cc is not charged yet! Do you guys think I should wait or contact them? Thanks

UnBip

Jan 28, 2021
Hello! I have applied for my passport and my application was delivered on 4th of March. My cc is not charged yet! Do you guys think I should wait or contact them? Thanks
it took almost 3 weeks for the CC to be charged for me. I'm sure yours will happen next week.

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Just called them around 11h30. 425 calls were in the line ahead of me. Took 1hr to wait to receive a piece of information: "your application is under examination. No any notice at the time being" :) . Fingers crossed
Me too just finished with their Call after 1.5 Hours of waiting and got the same stupid response " Your file is under examination . We are overburdened with the work . Nothing wrong with your file " . I asked them what about 20 Business days processing times they claim and the lousy response was " That's under normal circumstances ...this time we are overburdened so lot of people are getting delayed ".

I think I am the only one left whose file was delivered on 11th Feb and CC is not yet charged ...my strategy now ...every Tuesday Raise a Status Request and Every Friday Call them . Just hope they have not lost my file & Docs :)

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Should be fine still. I wouldn't start worrying until at least 20 days after the delivery date. By day 30, I'd be calling.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Me too just finished with their Call after 1.5 Hours of waiting and got the same stupid response " Your file is under examination . We are overburdened with the work . Nothing wrong with your file " . I asked them what about 20 Business days processing times they claim and the lousy response was " That's under normal circumstances ...this time we are overburdened so lot of people are getting delayed ".

I think I am the only one left whose file was delivered on 11th Feb and CC is not yet charged ...my strategy now ...every Tuesday Raise a Status Request and Every Friday Call them . Just hope they have not lost my file & Docs :)
Well, they told you your file is under examination. So they obviously haven't lost it. Good luck

Reactions: taekwondo

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Happy to share that my journey ended successfully today, here is my timeline:

Application sent: Feb 11
Application delivered : Feb 14
Status call made: March 10
CC charged : March 13
Citizenship certificates returned : March 18
Passports received : March 18
Processing centre: Whitby

The passports and certificates were delivered in separate envelopes . Canada Post left a note to pickup from the closest CP depot. No calls made to guarantors/references.
All the very best to everyone, hang in there

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Happy to share that my journey ended successfully today, here is my timeline:

Application sent: Feb 11
Application delivered : Feb 14
Status call made: March 10
CC charged : March 13
Citizenship certificates returned : March 18
Passports received : March 18
Processing centre: Whitby

The passports and certificates were delivered in separate envelopes . Canada Post left a note to pickup from the closest CP depot. No calls made to guarantors/references.
All the very best to everyone, hang in there
Congratulations. No attempt was made to deliver them directly to you?