+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I have had my kids pasaport and certificate delivered at the same time today..

Certificate was in hard mail envelope and CP guy placed it in a bigger compartment. Passport was left in standard mailbox...

Mine and wife's passports are still in production and I have been asked to call next week....I am going to call on Thursday afternoon for an update ...

I am glad that wait will be over in few days....feels so good to see kids Canadian passport in hand...
Passports were left in the mailbox! And here, I get carded because the postal worker didn't feel like bringing it to the office.... elevators are difficult. :p

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Reactions: his*marty

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Passports were left in the mailbox! And here, I get carded because the postal worker didn't feel like bringing it to the office.... elevators are difficult. :p
Yes they are lazy.....I was expectunf same.....i was already seeing them through my door bell camera and the moment vehicle moved,.i fetched the mail.
I am still waiting for other 2 passports to arrive..

What is latest on your passport? Picking from CP office?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yes they are lazy.....I was expectunf same.....i was already seeing them through my door bell camera and the moment vehicle moved,.i fetched the mail.
I am still waiting for other 2 passports to arrive..

What is latest on your passport? Picking from CP office?
I went over to the post office after work and it hadn't been dropped off yet. To be fair, the card said next business day after 1. However, I know sometimes when I've gone over in the evening same day, it's already there. If I knew they would just card it I would have sent it to my home...the post office is much easier to get to. At work, I have to walk through a series of sky tunnels and then they start to lock everything - I work downtown and business has been slow downtown so things shut down. Even the elevator at my building was locked at 530 even though it's supposed to be 6!! Anyways, lots of me dramatizing for nothing...just want this chapter closed. :p I will call shortly before lunch to see if I can pick it up...I don't want to go after work. haha

Reactions: adey786

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I just got a call from passport office asking me why my mailing address is different from my home address. I told them the mailing address I put is my work address, they told me they don't send passport at work address? Anyways , they said they will send it to my home instead.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I just got a call from passport office asking me why my mailing address is different from my home address. I told them the mailing address I put is my work address, they told me they don't send passport at work address? Anyways , they said they will send it to my home instead.
That is the strangest thing...why would they ask for a home address and mailing address then? Of note, I had mine sent to my work address...simply because I wanted it delivered and not be carded...which happened anyways.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
So happy for you!!!! Journey’s finally over!!!!

The impatient me is still waiting for CC to be charged… today’s the 10th business day.
Thank you my friend!!!!!! So much relief!!! And today, there's an announcement that fully vaccinated Canadians will not have to stay at quarantine hotel or quarantine 14 days, just until you receive a negative result!!!!

You will get it soon!!!!! You're almost there!!!! I'm sure they'll charge your card today or tomorrow!! Then by end of next week you'll have it!

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
That is the strangest thing...why would they ask for a home address and mailing address then? Of note, I had mine sent to my work address...simply because I wanted it delivered and not be carded...which happened anyways.
Yeah . I'm not sure. Because when I did my oath , they asked me for mailing and I gave them my work address for the citizenship certificate and I told them it is my work and they were fine with it. Also ,my guarantor got a call earlier too before they called me for address.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thank you my friend!!!!!! So much relief!!! And today, there's an announcement that fully vaccinated Canadians will not have to stay at quarantine hotel or quarantine 14 days, just until you receive a negative result!!!!

You will get it soon!!!!! You're almost there!!!! I'm sure they'll charge your card today or tomorrow!! Then by end of next week you'll have it!
Mabrook! Happy for you!

• Love

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.