+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

nyguy2

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
USA
Father's passport application (take two after photo rejection):

Sent from New York State (USA): Friday 26 April 2024
Delivered in Gaitneau (UPS Worldwide Express): Monday 29 April 2024 (+1 business day)
Credit card charged: Friday 10th May 2024 (+9 business days)

No email from the Canadian government, but he able to use the email form "I don't have my reference number" and get it, as of today Monday 13th April the status tracker shows "We have received your application and are now processing it".

I will also note that when they rejected his first application for a shadow behind an ear in the passport photo, it took them over a month to send it back via Fedex, but they never assigned a file number or charged the credit card (as the application had not been accepted). I can't speak to whether or not this is a universal practice, but either he caught a really, really, really lucky break, or if your ducks are in a row other than the passport photo, that they don't hold it as a rejection of being ineligible for a passport where they charge you minus the consular fee.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
My application was delivered on Apr 15. Credit card has been charged and I received the certificate back last Monday.
It’s been 21 business days processing. The status is still showing “we are processing it..”. Should I wait a couple more days or should I call them?

Last edited:

Jatinp

Aug 4, 2021
My application was delivered on Apr 15. Credit card has been charged and I received the certificate back last Monday.
It’s been 21 business days processing. The status is still showing “we are processing it..”. Should I wait a couple more days or should I call them?
I have applied on April 6 by mail and delivery by April 9
I am in same situation application status showing same we are processing your application

Reactions: Jorela

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Very similar timeline.
I applied on the same date as you April 15 and my credit card was charged on April 25. I also received my certificate back last Monday but still showed “we are processing..”

When I called the passport office today they told me my application was approved and passport is scheduled for delivery on May 17.

Reactions: Jorela

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Very similar timeline.
I applied on the same date as you April 15 and my credit card was charged on April 25. I also received my certificate back last Monday but still showed “we are processing..”

When I called the passport office today they told me my application was approved and passport is scheduled for delivery on May 17.
Thank you! I hope they send them all on May 17!

Reactions: SithLord

inamulhaq

May 10, 2012
Very similar timeline.

Did you get your paspsort?
I have similar timelime as yours