+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Application for two sent through Xpress-post. Location GTA (east):

PP App Sent: 1-Jun
PP App Delivered: 2-Jun (tracking shows delivered to Ottawa, even though address provided was for Gatineau)

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Update from me: I can't wait till tomorrow so I just called - applications are currently under examination and it was received on May 25th and opened on May 26th. The agent told me to expect to receive the earliest on June 23.

And the wait resumes....

Interesting fact: Passport Canada is managed by IRCC :/
I think it's at least 10-14 days days until credit card gets charged from delivery date, based on recent applicants who shared information.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Update from me: I can't wait till tomorrow so I just called - applications are currently under examination and it was received on May 25th and opened on May 26th. The agent told me to expect to receive the earliest on June 23.

And the wait resumes....

Interesting fact: Passport Canada is managed by IRCC :/
Wow, June 23? Why the long delay?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think passport offices in Ontario will soon open with the vaccine rollout out and other restrictions being loosened ?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Do you think passport offices in Ontario will soon open with the vaccine rollout out and other restrictions being loosened ?
I doubt it. Last summer we were doing pretty well and I don't think we resumed in-person passport services. Same for in-person citizenship tests, they haven't been resumed yet so I'd say mailing seems to be the only workable way at this time.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I just phoned Service Canada - Passport Services

As per the agent, my passport and CDN cert were both mailed out yesterday, May 31, 2021, in two separate packages.

He gave me the tracking # for both. When I tracked in Canada Post, they are still in transit expected to arrive in 1 to 3 days.

Almost there......
Did you get either cert of passport, yet?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I still have no signs that my CC's been charged. And today is the 10th business day since they received it and 18 days since I sent it away...
Mine was only charged on the 10th business day so, if not today likely early next week? You're almost there!

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I sent text to my guarantor at 9.27 am requesting an eye on calls and he got call after 5 mins.

The processing office is London (that's the number they left yesterday for him to callback).

They verified him, verified my details and my spouse details as in where we work etc and since how long he knows us...he is a family friend and he know me sjnce 2003, way before us coming to Canada. So it will went well.

Seriously....why so much vetting and overregulation....passport program is just another arm of IRCC....

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
****Comparative analysis,Australian passport application process****

I spoke to a good friend from Dubai times, who is in Melbourne now. He became Australian citizen last year.

Australian passport application process is much straightforward. You need to create online account, upload documents, including citizenship certificate and make online payment.

Once application is submitted, print it, sign and mail to passport office. Passport is then sent in 2 weeks.

There is no heck of providing guarantor details and then talking to guarantor etc etc. (For citizenship application in Australia, a guarantor is required so I guess Canada catches up on guarantor process at later stage).

jcttt

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
hey guys! becoming more active on this thread as I had my Oath yesterday. I have tried to search my question here but have not found: does anybody know whether I can book an appointment for my passport (I need it for an essential travel happening in 20 days from now) before receiving my citizenship certificate? I have requested IRCC to expedite my citizenship certificate, but wanted to know whether I could potentially book the passport from 1 week from now to ensure I'll have my passport by then. Thanks!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
****Comparative analysis,Australian passport application process****

I spoke to a good friend from Dubai times, who is in Melbourne now. He became Australian citizen last year.

Australian passport application process is much straightforward. You need to create online account, upload documents, including citizenship certificate and make online payment.

Once application is submitted, print it, sign and mail to passport office. Passport is then sent in 2 weeks.

There is no heck of providing guarantor details and then talking to guarantor etc etc. (For citizenship application in Australia, a guarantor is required so I guess Canada catches up on guarantor process at later stage).
You would be surprised that some country allows you to renew your passport using a mobile app (without even typing anything other than your username/password). You could ask for a pickup appointment, or a delivery by mail service. Hopefully the new IT modernization project for Canadian passports will make it easier to submit passport applications in the future.

• Wow
Reactions: adey786

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
You would be surprised that some country allows you to renew your passport using an mobile app (without even typing anything other than your username/password). You could ask for a pickup appointment, or a delivery by mail service. Hopefully the new IT modernization project for Canadian passports will make it easier to submit passport applications in the future.

Surprised. Wow. Canada is over regulated and that is why global businesses either dont come to Canada or actually run away from Canada.