Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Hey mates.

When do you receive the original certificate back to you?

How long does it take? Does anyone know?
It seems most people get theirs either with their returned passport, or in a separate envelope shortly before or after the passport is received. Weirdly though mine was returned to me two days after my CC was charged and that was over a week ago now.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

I submitted a passport application on March 10 but due to my credit card getting stolen (and me being unable to update my card details with Service Canada) my application was returned and I reapplied on May 4. My application has been pending for over 3 months.

I just contacted the payment line and I was able to obtain a file number but do not know how to expedite the process. I can't reach anyone using the number 1-800-567-6868 so I was wondering if I should stand in line at a Service Canada location?

I have no imminent travel plans but am stuck in limbo and have to get my Indian passport back so that I can surrender it and apply for a visa to India. It's a long process and I am anxious as I am unable to travel in any emergency.

Any advice would be appreciated.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
I thought that mail in will be a better approach since I don't have a specific travel plan but it looks like I was wrong. If I decide to walk in and don't mind lining up early, can I just do so myself and my family will only join me only when I enter the gate? I have a family of 4 including 2 kids and don't think all of us should line up way too early in the morning. What's your experience with people queuing up for their family? Thanks.

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
My Citizenship certificate was mailed back to me, 2 days after my CC was charged. I thought the certificates came back with the passport, or once the application was completed.

Has anyone else had their certificate sent back to them so quickly? Is this a sign my passport is coming soon?
What is you timeline

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
Update:
No passport yet. Still waiting.

App received in Ottawa (sent to Gatineau address): April 12
Cc charged: May 8
Called for update: May 13, 20 and June 3 - Under examination.

Called for update: June 15 (just got off the phone with the agent) - Very detailed response on the status of my application. He mentioned the date when they received the application via mail (April 12th), everything has been scanned, no bad findings / negative notes on my application and it is awaiting for printing. He told me that the passport application takes 8-9 weeks then he noticed that my application is already 8 weeks in (from the date of the receipt in the passport office) and advised me to call (typical response from them) in 1-2 weeks time if I haven't received anything.

Didn't request for a rush application because I don't want to book anything before I get a passport. Also, the phone queue moved quite fast at this time of the day for some reason.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Are all original documents submitted in person at either Passport Offices or Service Canada will be returned on the spot? Thanks.

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Update:
No passport yet. Still waiting.

App received in Ottawa (sent to Gatineau address): April 12
Cc charged: May 8
Called for update: May 13, 20 and June 3 - Under examination.

Called for update: June 15 (just got off the phone with the agent) - Very detailed response on the status of my application. He mentioned the date when they received the application via mail (April 12th), everything has been scanned, no bad findings / negative notes on my application and it is awaiting for printing. He told me that the passport application takes 8-9 weeks then he noticed that my application is already 8 weeks in (from the date of the receipt in the passport office) and advised me to call (typical response from them) in 1-2 weeks time if I haven't received anything.

Didn't request for a rush application because I don't want to book anything before I get a passport. Also, the phone queue moved quite fast at this time of the day for some reason.
We have the exact same time line. I was going to phone tomorrow or head down to passport Canada on Friday as I travel in 3 weeks but this is a little bit of good news!

Reactions: CaptBasil

robbiezyg

Jun 8, 2022
My timeline:
Docs Sent: May 6, 2022
Gatineau Received: May 10, 2022
Travel Date: June 18, 2022
Followed the advice on here to keep calling until I got through, any tips on things to say once I get through the 200 people? I'm just looking to see if my passport will be getting to me before the 18th or if I need to get the file transferred to Edmonton?

Does this sound about normal?

I appreciate the help!
Added CC Charged date: June 9, 2022

However, no call back and I fly out in 72 hours. Do I wait for them to call tomorrow and go Friday? or do I bite the bullet and show up tomorrow morning. stressful stressful

LoganInTheSpaxe

May 28, 2022
Hey guys, just call the passport centre today to check the status of my passport application, and they said my application is processing, just wondering anyone know how long am I gonna need to wait to receive my passport ? Thank You! :)