+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
Hi I have a question I did a mistake i signed on my driver lisence copy my guarantor should to do that is that a big problem? Thx
I think you should be able to fax them a copy of your DL again with your guarantor's signature on it. Just not sure when you should/would do that. Depending on when your application was sent, I recommend waiting for a few weeks for the CC to be charged. If not, try calling and hopefully the agent advises you to send in a copy of your DL signed by the guarantor. I don't think your application should be returned for an oversight like this

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There could be compliance and security reason. If canada post miss the package then everything will be lost so risk is minimum by sending 2 separate packages. Imo
They want make everything as much complicated as possible for us. They don't give a crap.
Same here. I don't understand why they can't send documents and the new passport together. Doesn't it cost more money for them and more anxiety for us? I have trip Thursday morning. Have 3 full days to receive my passport. If it doesn't, then there goes my trip. :(
They don't give a crap about our needs and expenses.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
the think is my guarantor is out of the country couples day a go and he is coming back the end of April but he sing the rest of papers and the pic too I don’t know what’s gonna happen my application delevered Mars 7
I think you should be able to fax them a copy of your DL again with your guarantor's signature on it. Just not sure when you should/would do that. Depending on when your application was sent, I recommend waiting for a few weeks for the CC to be charged. If not, try calling and hopefully the agent advises you to send in a copy of your DL signed by the guarantor. I don't think your application should be returned for an oversight like this

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
There could be compliance and security reason. If canada post miss the package then everything will be lost so risk is minimum by sending 2 separate packages. Imo
I don't understand why they need the original certificate for anyway. They can check the info on their system from the certificate number alone. A signed copy from the guarantor should suffice IMO, but well ...

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
the think is my guarantor is out of the country couples day a go and he is coming back the end of April but he sing the rest of papers and the pic too I don’t know what’s gonna happen my application delevered Mars 7
That's a tough situation. You could send him a scanned copy and let him sign it, and send it back to you, and then you print it. I am not sure if that would be accepted by the Passport Program, though

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello Guys,
I know its a stupid question but just want to clarify.
In Passport application, they asked for last 2 year address. Is it from today or from the day i applied for citizenship? I know its from today but just want to clarify. Thanks.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello Guys,
I know its a stupid question but just want to clarify.
In Passport application, they asked for last 2 year address. Is it from today or from the day i applied for citizenship? I know its from today but just want to clarify. Thanks.
From the date you sign your passport application

Reactions: KumarJayx

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
I don't understand why they need the original certificate for anyway. They can check the info on their system from the certificate number alone. A signed copy from the guarantor should suffice IMO, but well ...
Yes, thats a good point when everything is online then why need original… and further, everything should be online rather mailing… and guarantor can verify if online process send out email to verify… but complex

Reactions: CaBeaver

Jaydenjp

Dec 9, 2021
They just don't care. They don't know how much it takes to immigrate to another country, how hard it's to make a living, how to establish yourself in a foreign country and work your way up, how hard it is to be away for years from your loved ones. I know that they can say go back to your country if you don't like it, that's the only phrase they know. Fuck those who says this. Canada NEEDS immigrants, skilled people, it's not that they are so kind and doing us a favor, opening the doors to so many immigrants.
Putting emotions aside, the whole government bureaucracy is so inefficient, disorganized and cumbersome that it's getting to the point of ridiculousness. They only know how talk smart, bla bla bla sincerely believing that they have a moral authority to tell us how to live.
We have no options but to submit the papers and wait when they would be in mood to look at them and process. God damn it.
You're right that canada does need immigrants but they never forced you to come. I do agree that the immigration process can be tedious and frustrating at times. But what is most annoying is that some individuals think that they are entitled to Canadian citizenship. Citizenship is not a right, it is a privilege. You're here because you wanted a different standard of living that your country couldn't provide you with.

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hopefully you will get your passport next week. I applied one week after you. I hope to get some progress during the next week.
Hi there, how many weeks and months is it taking these days for the passport to be delivered? I need to plan my next steps. I appreciate any inputs based upon your research.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Same here. I don't understand why they can't send documents and the new passport together. Doesn't it cost more money for them and more anxiety for us? I have trip Thursday morning. Have 3 full days to receive my passport. If it doesn't, then there goes my trip. :(
An earlier commenter mentioned - your documents they just have to look at, then they're complete and can be sent back. Your actual passport takes a couple more days to be printed so it gets sent separately.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
They want make everything as much complicated as possible for us. They don't give a crap.
They don't give a crap about our needs and expenses.
You've made your feelings on this quite clear. Here's what I see:

They (like everyone) were thrust into a situation that no one ever anticipated. Because of the security and responsibility involved in granting citizenships and issuing passports, they couldn't just "sort of figure it out" like most companies. So, they basically stopped all operations while they figured out how to handle it in a responsible way. The process was already slow, and because of the pause due to pandemic, they built up a huge backlog, which they are still trying to work through.

I understand it's frustrating. We applied for my wife's citizenship in Sept 2020 in what should have been the absolute easiest slam dunk approval ever - we'd been married more than 15 years, have children together, have lived in multiple countries together, have had family work visas approved in multiple countries, have multiple years of Canadian tax returns, easily met residency requirement. The whole thing still took 18 months. Once the certificate was granted, we sent the passport application, and are now in the same 35-40 day process that everyone else is (including by birth citizens).

It's not that they don't care, or there's some evil genius at IIRC who is sitting there cackling "I'm going to mess up tgman's life by slowing the passport application process". They are adjusting to the change from pandemic like everyone, and doing at government pace, which means slowly. I'm sure everyone who works at IIRC wants the process to be faster, or make more sense. If you have suggestions on how they can do this, you will be better off going to your local MP and raising your concerns (which I did, as well as asking each candidate in my riding at last federal election) than ranting that "they are stupid people who don't care" on a message board.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi there, how many weeks and months is it taking these days for the passport to be delivered? I need to plan my next steps. I appreciate any inputs based upon your research.
Generally most standard applications are falling in these timelines:

Application Sent day 0
Delivered by day 4
CC charged by day 20
New passport arrives by day 40