+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
I see your application closed is March 8, so expect within 4 working days.
They have opened the walk in for passport so its good. Express service can get you passport within your travel date.
I got passport within 3 days ( including sat and sunday)
did you apply through service canada or passport canada? wondering the difference applying from service canada? since they only accept walk-in or in-person!

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
did you apply through service canada or passport canada? wondering the difference applying from service canada? since they only accept walk-in or in-person!
I applied through passport Canada and mine was before they opened in person walk in.

Reactions: sk000

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I see your application closed is March 8, so expect within 4 working days.
They have opened the walk in for passport so its good. Express service can get you passport within your travel date.
I got passport within 3 days ( including sat and sunday)
3 days - was that Express service too or Urgent?

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Did anybody tried walking in any Service Canada office for passport application recently?

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Did anybody tried walking in any Service Canada office for passport application recently?
I did apply via mail-in. However, yesterday I went to Service Canada office in my city for another purpose, I saw some people just walked in (without appointment). The security guy just asked if they wanted to wait until they have a spare lot (after they clear off those with appointment). Some waited and were accepted after 1-2 hours. It could depend on each Service Canada office.

Reactions: berabad

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
I did apply via mail-in. However, yesterday I went to Service Canada office in my city for another purpose, I saw some people just walked in (without appointment). The security guy just asked if they wanted to wait until they have a spare lot (after they clear off those with appointment). Some waited and were accepted after 1-2 hours. It could depend on each Service Canada office.
Thanks for the update! The reason I asked is when I tried to book an in-person appointment, there is no requirement to present a plane ticket anymore. So I'm guessing they are starting to loosen up the restrictions. I will try to walk in after completing my documents. Thanks again!

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I'm waiting for my certificate to be delivered. Can I book an appointment for in-person passport in the meantime?
Yes, you can. Try to use best judgement to figure out when you will get your certificate and schedule accordingly. I took an average of Certificate receipt duration of my local office from the past 4 months.

Reactions: Kornet

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I applied as a walk-in this morning at the Kitchener passport office and it surprisingly went very smoothly! I filled out the booking request form 4 days ago and still haven't received a call back to schedule an appointment, so I decided to try walking in anyway. I had proof of travel with me. Got there around 8:15, there were already 15 or so people ahead of me lined up outside the office. The security guard asked me if I had an appointment, I said no, but I had proof of travel... I was totally expecting him to send me away, but he said 'not a problem' and asked me to join the line. Another 20 people joined the line after me. Only about 5-6 had appointments, the majority of the rest were walk-ins, and a few people were picking up passports with receipts. At 8:30, they started letting people in. There were different lines for walk ins, appointments and pick-ups. It was very well organized! Got my documents checked and was given a token number. Waited about 15-20 mins until it was my turn. The agent did not ask for any proof of travel. They had quite a bit of people working there, lots of open counters. All in all, I was out by 9:15. Since my travel date is April 1, 15 business days away, I applied with regular processing.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I applied as a walk-in this morning at the Kitchener passport office and it surprisingly went very smoothly! I filled out the booking request form 4 days ago and still haven't received a call back to schedule an appointment, so I decided to try walking in anyway. I had proof of travel with me. Got there around 8:15, there were already 15 or so people ahead of me lined up outside the office. The security guard asked me if I had an appointment, I said no, but I had proof of travel... I was totally expecting him to send me away, but he said 'not a problem' and asked me to join the line. Another 20 people joined the line after me. Only about 5-6 had appointments, the majority of the rest were walk-ins, and a few people were picking up passports with receipts. At 8:30, they started letting people in. There were different lines for walk ins, appointments and pick-ups. It was very well organized! Got my documents checked and was given a token number. Waited about 15-20 mins until it was my turn. The agent did not ask for any proof of travel. They had quite a bit of people working there, lots of open counters. All in all, I was out by 9:15. Since my travel date is April 1, 15 business days away, I applied with regular processing.
Waste of resources to have many open counters and not many applicants. Then in-mail applications take 40 or so days to be finished. Go figure. I missed the in-person option by a week (I applied a week before it was allowed), and now will have to wait 5-6 weeks to get my passport and potentially jeopardize my travel plans, that I though it was far away to safely apply using the in-mail option :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: vvarma

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Applied for my passport yesterday in Vancouver. Had an appointment, but still had to wait for about 1.5 hour to finish everything. Honestly, I don’t get whats the point of making an appointment if you still have to wait. On the other hand, I guess it gives you an advantage that they will take your docs for sure. There were people who didn’t have an appointment and some of them were waiting since morning (my appointment was at 2:15 pm). They let those people in only after there was one with appointment (last appointment slot is at 2:30).

The officer ask for a proof travel, I gave it to him and he scanned it. Since my trip is in 14 days, he said they will mail it to me, but he didn’t recommend it since it might be too close to my travel dates. So he offered to pick it up in person for extra $20, which I agreed on (I don’t trust Canada post since they lost my citizenship certificate). I also asked for an express service, which I paid an extra $50. The passport will be ready for pick up on Wednesday.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015