+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I called them early this morning, they said that the local office will call me to book and appointment. But they have not called me so far, its been 3 hours past the time they said they will call me. And with the weekend and my travel is Tuesday. I don;t know when would they call if ever.
Call them back. Weekend (and holiday service) is ridiculously expensive and costs more than $300 just for service (not including passport fee).

You should be able to get passport same day as well if applied on Monday but better to not leave it till last minute. I remember that someone who walked in with confirmed ticket was given urgent service (without appointment) as they were travelling next day. Walk in is worth a try if it's not possible to get an appointment today.

Good luck.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
For my spouse & kid, applied urgent processing at Mississauga office on Mar-1, picked on Mar-3.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
So, I went to the passport office and showed my tickets and conference paid invoice for travel on March 8th. They allowed me to enter the office. I successfully submitted the application. For urgent application it was $270.

Reactions: dineshrehab

Raheel16

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Any idea as to what the average pick up time is if express service is selected? Appointment is on 18th, Mississauga office, flight is on 25th. Wondering which option to go for, express or urgent?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Any idea as to what the average pick up time is if express service is selected? Appointment is on 18th, Mississauga office, flight is on 25th. Wondering which option to go for, express or urgent?
They wont give u urgent option unless you are traveling within next day. So you will be given 50$ express option but don't worry they will let you have the passport before the travel date. Mostly by 22nd I guess.

aurora2014

Star Member
May 8, 2014
I called them early morning, they said the local office will call by 8:30 local time and its already 10 AM but no call yet. I have a flight on Tuesday March 8, I am really worried and anxious. They said they will call but they didn't. They really stress you out at every step.
I got one of these, as did several other people I met on the day I went to apply for my passport (Surrey, same as Funloving, interestingly enough). NONE of us had email confirmations, because it's not the centralized office making the appointments, it's the local office making the calls. Because none of us had confirmations, none of us were on the list that the security guards have either. It took a fair amount of convincing to get the security guard to head inside and ask someone who knew what was going on to come out and verify info with me before they let me in.

For anyone else getting a call back from the local office, I suggest taking a name if you can, and keeping your cellphone record from the time you were called to prove that you had a call from them. There were a LOT of people getting turned away by security.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I applied in Brampton office on family day Monday and I picked up my passport same week on Wednesday at Mississauga office.

emadeen

Aug 15, 2017
Submitted my passport today morning, Brampton location no appointment but had Air ticket booked for 11 March which is within 25 business day.
  • Citizenship certificate received February 14, 2022
  • Passport application submitted February 17, 2022
  • Passport pickup scheduled for February 21, 2022
Paid 50$ for express service.

Goodluck everyone.
HI
How many days between the Oath and Citizenship certificate received?
many thanks

emadeen

Aug 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have got my Oath date which is March 28, 2022
Now I am outside Canada and plan to travel to take the Oath and have to come back home in one week,
SO,
what do I have to do ?
and how many days to have my certificate and apply for a Canadian passport?
is it possible for my roommate to mail me the certificate and apply for the passport abroad?
thank you guys in advance for your help.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi All,
is there any post/link that lists all that needs to be done for Passport application? I got done with oath. Obviously way to go before certificate arrives and i am able to apply but just wanna know/understand the process ahead of time.

from random posts on this forum i read that it has to be mailed in as in person is not encouraged, also read that guarantor has to sign on back of photo or something?

got bits of info and not much idea of the process exactly. if someone can please point me in the right direction ? thanks

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
hi All,
is there any post/link that lists all that needs to be done for Passport application? I got done with oath. Obviously way to go before certificate arrives and i am able to apply but just wanna know/understand the process ahead of time.

from random posts on this forum i read that it has to be mailed in as in person is not encouraged, also read that guarantor has to sign on back of photo or something?

got bits of info and not much idea of the process exactly. if someone can please point me in the right direction ? thanks
All information is available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply-how.html

Reactions: maniacworld

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I don’t think she is bluffing though.
I went to Toronto passport office. And they took my flight ticket (not return it back to me)
I went to the Surrey office with my tickets, they checked it twice in detail and returned the ticket back to me.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
On March 2nd, I filled out the online request for a passport appointment, 4 days later (Sunday late evening!) I got a call to schedule it.
The lady said that the closest appointment available was for March 26 for Vancouver downtown (where I live). Considering my flight was for 31st March and before that I needed to apply for Visa, she arranged a call-back from the local Passport office. So, 2 days later (today) I was called back and given an appointment for March 14 morning at the Richmond office, since Vancouver is super busy. I was told that I should be able to apply under express and get the passport by end of that same week - how much of this statement turns out true remains to be seen. Pick up would be from Vancouver office though.

Interestingly, I have yet to receive my Certificate in the mail o_O

Reactions: Kornet

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
On March 2nd, I filled out the online request for a passport appointment, 4 days later (Sunday late evening!) I got a call to schedule it.
The lady said that the closest appointment available was for March 26 for Vancouver downtown (where I live). Considering my flight was for 31st March and before that I needed to apply for Visa, she arranged a call-back from the local Passport office. So, 2 days later (today) I was called back and given an appointment for March 14 morning at the Richmond office, since Vancouver is super busy. I was told that I should be able to apply under express and get the passport by end of that same week - how much of this statement turns out true remains to be seen. Pick up would be from Vancouver office though.

Interestingly, I have yet to receive my Certificate in the mail o_O
I see your application closed is March 8, so expect within 4 working days.
They have opened the walk in for passport so its good. Express service can get you passport within your travel date.
I got passport within 3 days ( including sat and sunday)

Reactions: vvarma