Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Update:

I filled out on the service on 11-20 and got a call on 11-24 for urgent in person appointment at Scarborough passport office. Got a date 12-07 which is today. Went there, total wait time before seeing a passport officer is 2 hours and it’s done.

applied for express pick up and available to pick up 12-13 about a week later.

many people walked in have been turned away because the workload is over capacity and suggested to come by end of the month.

i would recommend anyone to book time ahead and if you have super urgent reason to rush the passport. I also see they take walk-in for urgent reason but you still have to line up which is a pain

Reactions: rhi

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Picked up our passports from Kitchener office on Dec 3. 2021 as scheduled!
Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Just got a call from Service Canada about in person application. The closest date he found was on December 29 in Laval. 0_o they are pretty busy hah

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Got a date for Service Canada on Dec 23. Passport Canada is all booked until Jan. 2022, so I guess Service Canada is the best option.

Quick question (and apologies as I am too lazy to scroll through this thread). Does Service Canada return the original citizenship certificate, or do they keep them and then Passports Canada mail the back?

Khans96

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Got a date for Service Canada on Dec 23. Passport Canada is all booked until Jan. 2022, so I guess Service Canada is the best option.

Quick question (and apologies as I am too lazy to scroll through this thread). Does Service Canada return the original citizenship certificate, or do they keep them and then Passports Canada mail the back?
They return you the original certificate back.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Khans96

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Picked up our passports from Kitchener office on Dec 3. 2021 as scheduled!
Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Just a question, do they take the pick-up fees at the time of application or do they charge your card later?

Khans96

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Anyone who applied through Passport Canada, do they take the pick-up fee at the time of application or do they charge your card later?

jansh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Here's a data point from wife's passport application:

Nov 25 - Walk-in application at Kitchener passport office. Reached around 8am and she was first in line for walk-ins. Applied under standard pickup (addl $20), was provided Dec 9 as pickup date. Total time around 45 mins since they open at 8:30am.

Dec 9 - Went in to collect passport. Reached around 9am, done by 9:15. She mentioned there was no line up today.

Did fill in the form online for appointment but got the call back 5 days later, the day after submitting the application.

Reactions: smallpotato

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
So I don't need to fill in page 4 of the application form if I am applying in person?
That is correct. You keep it blank. You will use your credit card at the Office paying to the teller who will process your application and give you a check to confirm payment and date of pick up (if you decide to pay CDN 20 extra and pick up yourself that is more save and convenient, imho).

LPF

Jan 5, 2021
Maybe my experience will help:

I completed my Oath on November 3
Certificate was sent on November 5th
Certificate received on November 16th

I went to the passport office in Kitchener today (17 November 2021)
- I was there at 7:45 AM and the office opens at 8:30 AM
- People who had a scheduled appointment were sent in first at 8:30 AM
- I had to wait for less than 5 minutes before I was sent in (I was the first in line for the walk-ins)
- Info verification for passport process took less than 15 minutes
- I paid $20 extra for in person pick up
- I have been called back in 2 weeks on Dec 1 to pick up the passport
How did you know when your certificate was sent? Thanks

LPF

Jan 5, 2021
Just got a call from Service Canada about in person application. The closest date he found was on December 29 in Laval. 0_o they are pretty busy hah
There is no walk-in option? I am also waiting on my certificate and my ecas is still in process :/. I asked for urgent treatment but seems they dont care a out it in montreal :(