Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Is walking service available for non urgent application in Montreal? I really don’t want to part ways with my certificate
Walk-ins are available at the Guy Favreau complex. I'm not sure the passport office there will take you; when I went, they said to go downstairs to Service Canada if I didn't have an appointment. When I went downstairs they didn't have any walk-ins available anymore because I came too late. They said I should come at 8h30 if I want to make sure I have a spot.

Reactions: Stuntxd9

rajeev12

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Got my passport in a week in SK. Got express service because I had a flight. I had to submit a copy of my ticket.

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
@rajkamalmohanram
I am preparing my passport application and need some clarification on the following.

1. Page 3 - Section 7(B) - Is it mandatory to provide the employer's telephone? Is it okay if we left this blank?
2. Page 3 - Section 9 - The form says that the emergency contact information is optional. Does anyone have any experience of leaving this blank?
3. Do we need to print all pages of the application including guidelines or just the first three pages will suffice?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram
I am preparing my passport application and need some clarification on the following.

1. Page 3 - Section 7(B) - Is it mandatory to provide the employer's telephone? Is it okay if we left this blank?
2. Page 3 - Section 9 - The form says that the emergency contact information is optional. Does anyone have any experience of leaving this blank?
3. Do we need to print all pages of the application including guidelines or just the first three pages will suffice?
1. Don't leave it blank. The chances of them calling your employer is close to zero. Do not leave it blank though.
2. Yes, I left it blank.
3. As per the instructions, just the 3 pages.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Walk-ins are available at the Guy Favreau complex. I'm not sure the passport office there will take you; when I went, they said to go downstairs to Service Canada if I didn't have an appointment. When I went downstairs they didn't have any walk-ins available anymore because I came too late. They said I should come at 8h30 if I want to make sure I have a spot.
Yea i was told the same thing by a family member but i went the mail route. Ill just wait the 30 years for my passport . Thanks for your reply!

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Is walking service available for non urgent application in Montreal? I really don’t want to part ways with my certificate
I asked my clerk about this & unfortunately they said no. They will mail it once tracker shows as case closed. For reference, my tracker updated to closed yesterday. My oath was on last Friday.

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I asked my clerk about this & unfortunately they said no. They will mail it once tracker shows as case closed. For reference, my tracker updated to closed yesterday. My oath was on last Friday.
I think he was asking about ordering a passport in person instead of sending mail-in application

Reactions: Stuntxd9

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Could I ask you to be more specific on where it is located there at the complex?

Fennecca

Sep 21, 2019
Hi All,

Went to Service Passport Canada at St-Laurent, Montreal location without appointment arrived there at 7:30 AM … was 2nd in the line.
My travel date: 21st DEC 2021
Passport Pick up date : 16 th DEC 2021 (5 days before) Fee : 160$ + 20$ for Pickup

Lines are incredibly crazy, get an appointment to pass quicker or go super early.

I arrived very very early like 7:00 Am … & waited in my car until 7:30’ish a person came by and we started the line . by 08:00 there were at least 40 persons behind me in line.

At 08:30 office opened, I was 5th as 1 person was before me and 3 others with appointments "priority", by 08:50.

Tip: Arrive super early if your travel is in the next 2-3 weeks, or if you are not in need now of a passport soon, better take an appointment.

Thanks.

Reactions: smallpotato

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
One question, can I book an appointment before I got my certificate? My case was closed two days ago. I was thinking to order an appointment right now instead of waiting for the certificate.
Plus I want to verify, to schedule an appointment I should send a message in here right? https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

Reactions: kathychang

Fennecca

Sep 21, 2019
One question, can I book an appointment before I got my certificate? My case was closed two days ago. I was thinking to order an appointment right now instead of waiting for the certificate.
Plus I want to verify, to schedule an appointment I should send a message in here right? https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/
Yes. thats the right link and yes if it was closed two days you'll probably get it a week after that , appointments right now in Montreal region are around late DEC dates ... for Passport Canada offices , for Service Canada maybe a bit earlier , depends on how early you want your passport and travel plans .

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Yes. thats the right link and yes if it was closed two days you'll probably get it a week after that , appointments right now in Montreal region are around late DEC dates ... for Passport Canada offices , for Service Canada maybe a bit earlier , depends on how early you want your passport and travel plans .
Do I need to have travel plans to be able to go there in person? Because I have but they are in January. I just want to be faster in case I need to travel before that, sometimes I have things that are unexpected and requires travel.

Fennecca

Sep 21, 2019
Do I need to have travel plans to be able to go there in person? Because I have but they are in January. I just want to be faster in case I need to travel before that, sometimes I have things that are unexpected and requires travel.
I dont think you have to have travel plans , they asked me if I have and indicated it on the application but didn't ask me for any proof of travel - That's only when getting urgent processing etc . You can indicate your intended travel date on the application .

Good thing about Passport applications in person is that , 15 days you can go pick up your passport , so no Canada Post delay etc

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Reactions: Daxsis

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi guys,
I’m an August applicant. Thanks for sharing your valuable insights. First time posting here as I’m about to submit my passport application.
Got a question regarding Section 3 (Previous Canadian Travel Document) of the Application Form. The only travel doc I had was the PR card destroyed during the citizenship ceremony. Should I include it under this section or not? It isn’t mentioned under the instructions’ part, but I’m not really clear about it!
Thanks and good luck to all!