+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I submitted beginning of november and my flight was end of november. They contacted me within 2 business days for appointment booking which was end of november as well. I specified that I wanted passport canada location not service canada because they take much longer.
does it take longer to print a passport at Service Canada than a Passport Office?

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
How long did you guys wait for the certificate? I did oath Nov10 and still have not received certificate

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Oh jeez …. I called yesterday passport call centre and guy said your passport will take 6-8 week time to receive as our staff is busy. Even though he repeated that 6-8 week time is not confirmed and may take more than that. Call centre person also added that applying in person at Service Canada will be most delayed incomparable to all other ways to apply…
You cant trust even the service canada clerk as he printed on my receipt that expected mail out date is Dec 2 as I applied on Nov4.
Bloody waiting game starts again for me…..

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I'm told the North york Service Canada center does urgent processing within a day/two and they accept walk-ins. I'm planning on going there on Thursday, any one has experience at this office?
EServices (Call back from Svc Canada) is useless as they are fully booked until Jan 2022.
how did the walk-in application go?

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
how did the walk-in application go?
It didn’t :|
Based on Montreal office, I was supposed to get my certificate yesterday but I don’t have it yet. I see in the tracker, my case hasn’t closed yet. The wait continues…

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
It didn’t :|
Based on Montreal office, I was supposed to get my certificate yesterday but I don’t have it yet. I see in the tracker, my case hasn’t closed yet. The wait continues…
They send certificate after they close the case only? I thought they have some time limit on when to send the certificate? Because basically you are limit onto how you can prove that you are legally in Canada?

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
They send certificate after they close the case only? I thought they have some time limit on when to send the certificate? Because basically you are limit onto how you can prove that you are legally in Canada?
Yes, I know a few Montreal candidates that are still waiting but for the ones that have received, the tracker shows up as “case closed, congrats” etc.,

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
How can I book an appointment at the Passport office? I only get the option to book an appointment with Service Canada Passport Service center.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Yes, I know a few Montreal candidates that are still waiting but for the ones that have received, the tracker shows up as “case closed, congrats” etc.,
Is walking service available for non urgent application in Montreal? I really don’t want to part ways with my certificate