+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Depending where you are located, you should go for a walk in appointment. I did not wait for CIC agent to call me back. Go early in the mornig, atleast 45 minutes before they open and you will be able to get the passport done within 15-30 minutes
did you go to a Passport Office or Service Canada office?

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I just received a call from service canada for my passport application appointment. I was told that ALL the centers in Toronto have been fully booked and the earliest available time is Dec 29 unless there is cancellation. I will try walk in in the early morning first.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
It is the Service Canada office which deals with Passport requests as well.
I did not wait for Service Canada to get back to me. Went in as a walk-in application. Was there by 7:45. Gate opened at 8:30 and was out by 9 AM
happy to hear that they allow walk-in application. will definitely give it a try as all the offices in Toronto are fully booked before Dec. 20.
have you received your passport? How long was that from your submission?

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
happy to hear that they allow walk-in application. will definitely give it a try as all the offices in Toronto are fully booked before Dec. 20.
have you received your passport? How long was that from your submission?
I had a really pleasant experience at the Kitchener office.
My passport will be ready tomorrow. It 2 weeks to get it.

gavlar

Aug 25, 2021
I went to Kitchener this morning. Very simple process.

Definitely recommend being there early before it opens. I got there at 8:15 and was out by 9:15.

Urgent processing so will be ready next Wednesday.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I went to Kitchener this morning. Very simple process.

Definitely recommend being there early before it opens. I got there at 8:15 and was out by 9:15.

Urgent processing so will be ready next Wednesday.
how much did you pay for the urgent processing fee?

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
I'm told the North york Service Canada center does urgent processing within a day/two and they accept walk-ins. I'm planning on going there on Thursday, any one has experience at this office?
EServices (Call back from Svc Canada) is useless as they are fully booked until Jan 2022.

Reactions: ziyoufeixiang

smallpotato

Oct 10, 2017
If you have a ticket they will give you a slot based on your ticket not based on availability. I had a ticket so I ended up booking an in person appointment. Honestly, even it meant I was gonna miss my flight it was never an option for me to leave an original document such as a citizenship certificate to be mailed back to me. I had enough trauma with the entire application process and did not want another suprise with my documents going missing
@mhd10 Thank you so much for your insight - super helpful. Fully agreed that in-person application is far safer than mail-in. A few additional questions if you don't mind:
  • When did you book your appointment on https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/ and when is your flight?
  • How many days did it take for the Service Canada representative to call you back after you submitted the form?
  • When was your in-person appointment? (just trying to gauge how long it would take from submitting the online form to the appointment date)?

Reactions: rhi

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
@mhd10 Thank you so much for your insight - super helpful. Fully agreed that in-person application is far safer than mail-in. A few additional questions if you don't mind:
  • When did you book your appointment on https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/ and when is your flight?
  • How many days did it take for the Service Canada representative to call you back after you submitted the form?
  • When was your in-person appointment? (just trying to gauge how long it would take from submitting the online form to the appointment date)?

I submitted beginning of november and my flight was end of november. They contacted me within 2 business days for appointment booking which was end of november as well. I specified that I wanted passport canada location not service canada because they take much longer.

Reactions: smallpotato

smallpotato

Oct 10, 2017
I submitted beginning of november and my flight was end of november. They contacted me within 2 business days for appointment booking which was end of november as well. I specified that I wanted passport canada location not service canada because they take much longer.
Got it, thanks a lot! Did you select urgent pickup or express pickup, since the appointment and your flight were both end of November?