+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Is there a way to check passport application status online after submitting the application in person? Thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: Khans96

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
is there any difference between passport application through Service Canada and Passport Office?
After in-person submission, how many days does that take to pick up the passport?

ksn4u

Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-4-2014
Doc's Request.
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
Med's Request
27-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-12-2014
Passport Req..
27-04-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Can i submit PP application of myself and my spouse? or do i need to take my wife also to the office for the submission?

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Can i submit PP application of myself and my spouse? or do i need to take my wife also to the office for the submission?
You can do it for both. But bring a Marriage certificate just in case (I was asked to show it whey I applied for my wife and for my son).

More info here.

/
When applying in person, it’s best that you submit your application yourself. However, if this is not possible, a third party can submit the application if they:

• show identification
  • are 16 years of age or older
  • are your
    • parent
    • child
    • parent's spouse or common-law partner
    • child's spouse or common-law partner
    • brother or sister
    • half-brother or half-sister
    • stepbrother or stepsister
    • spouse or common-law partner
    • relatives of your spouse or common-law partner, including their:
      • parent
      • child
      • parent's spouse or common-law partner
      • child's spouse or common-law partner
      • brother or sister
      • half-brother or half-sister
      • stepbrother or stepsister
In all cases, the passport official must be able to verify the information on the application with the third party. If the third party cannot validate your information, we can refuse your application.

The people in the list above may or may not live at the same address as you. In all cases, the person must show identification. If the identification does not prove that the person lives with you, they must also bring a written statement signed by you, authorizing them to submit your passport application.

Any relative living at your address can also submit an application on your behalf if they:

• are 16 years of age or older
  • show identification that confirms where they live
    • if their identification doesn’t have an address, they will need to show other documentation to prove they live at the same address as you
We do not accept urgent or express applications submitted by a third party.

/

Reactions: Wandering Mind

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
You got any update?
Still nothing…. My official date to receive passport as per service canada clerk is Dec 2… so i am waiting for that… what about you?

smallpotato

Oct 10, 2017
Depending where you are located, you should go for a walk in appointment. I did not wait for CIC agent to call me back. Go early in the mornig, atleast 45 minutes before they open and you will be able to get the passport done within 15-30 minutes
May I ask which passport Canada location did you go to? Thanks!

smallpotato

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks folks! Has anyone from Toronto managed to get the passport application done in person by walking in without an appointment? I am particularly curious about folk's experience with the downtown location - 74 Victoria St. Thank you all in advance!

Reactions: kathychang

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Thanks folks! Has anyone from Toronto managed to get the passport application done in person by walking in without an appointment? I am particularly curious about folk's experience with the downtown location - 74 Victoria St. Thank you all in advance!
I recently went to that office. For those who were going in as walk ins, they were only letting them inside if they had an emergency that required getting the passport urgently. Otherwise they were asking them to drop of their application form along with their documents in a box and were told they will get it processed and mailed back to them in 14 business days.

So it might be easier for you to book an in person appointment on passport canada website at least that way you know you are not wasting your time and its guaranteed that you will be able to submit.

smallpotato

Oct 10, 2017
I recently went to that office. For those who were going in as walk ins, they were only letting them inside if they had an emergency that required getting the passport urgently. Otherwise they were asking them to drop of their application form along with their documents in a box and were told they will get it processed and mailed back to them in 14 business days.

So it might be easier for you to book an in person appointment on passport canada website at least that way you know you are not wasting your time and its guaranteed that you will be able to submit.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Did you end up dropping off your entire application (i.e. signed forms, photos and original citizenship certificate etc.) in the box? I guess you would need to bring a high-quality envelope then if using the drop-off approach. Honestly, I don't mind booking an in-person appointment but I heard that the earliest you can get is the end of Dec and early Jan. I was hoping to visit my family in the US before Christmas.

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for sharing your experience! Did you end up dropping off your entire application (i.e. signed forms, photos and original citizenship certificate etc.) in the box? I guess you would need to bring a high-quality envelope then if using the drop-off approach. Honestly, I don't mind booking an in-person appointment but I heard that the earliest you can get is the end of Dec and early Jan. I was hoping to visit my family in the US before Christmas.
If you have a ticket they will give you a slot based on your ticket not based on availability. I had a ticket so I ended up booking an in person appointment. Honestly, even it meant I was gonna miss my flight it was never an option for me to leave an original document such as a citizenship certificate to be mailed back to me. I had enough trauma with the entire application process and did not want another suprise with my documents going missing

Last edited: