Sep 23, 2020
I applied on Feb 19th for express pick up, still its showing as processing
Update on passport
Picked up my passport from downtown location
Design - New
Status on Canada.ca - Processing It
Applied on - Feb 19th
Issue Date as per passport - Feb 20th

Looks like Canada.ca doesn't provide correct status, if you applied for Express or urgent you can visit the next day for pick up.

ParyaKh

Jan 8, 2024
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Oct 29
AOR Received.
Nov 21
Hello Eeveryone

I applied on Feb 13 at the North York office (Toronto), they told me that my passport will be ready in 10 days and it is going to be mailed out to my address on Feb 27; however, I still have not received my passport and the status is still we are processing...
I called them and they told me my application is approved but not printed out. I do not know what to do. I do not have any estimation date and not sure until when I should wait :(
Anyone had similar experience?

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Update on passport
Picked up my passport from downtown location
Design - New
Status on Canada.ca - Processing It
Applied on - Feb 19th
Issue Date as per passport - Feb 20th

Looks like Canada.ca doesn't provide correct status, if you applied for Express or urgent you can visit the next day for pick up.
Hey, congrats! QQ - Did you get any message to pick it up for today or they had mentioned it before to come on this date for pick up ?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello Eeveryone

I applied on Feb 13 at the North York office (Toronto), they told me that my passport will be ready in 10 days and it is going to be mailed out to my address on Feb 27; however, I still have not received my passport and the status is still we are processing...
I called them and they told me my application is approved but not printed out. I do not know what to do. I do not have any estimation date and not sure until when I should wait :(
Anyone had similar experience?
My status updated today. They printed and dispatched. Hope by tomorrow your will also change.

Reactions: ParyaKh

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello I have two questions.
  • Can the passport form only be signed and dated after you receive the e certificate. It took about 4 days before mine was available
  • Is it a problem if the guarantor dates the application before mine. For example the put the date as 22nd and I put mine as 26
But your e-certificate should have a date and that should be the day when you took oath. So I think any day after that is fine. Shouldn't matter when it was available.
Normally guarantor is expected to sign after you have completed your application. So ideally put same date as guarantor if not an earlier date.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hey, congrats! QQ - Did you get any message to pick it up for today or they had mentioned it before to come on this date for pick up ?
No updates on the passport application status tracker. When I submitted my application with express pickup, the rep gave me a date 2 days from submission date but there was no update on the passport status tracker. I just went to check up on the status and to my surprise my passport was already printed and was ready for pick up.

Reactions: Zay11

RMcanada

Nov 24, 2023
Timelines
09/Feb/2024: applied In person at Milton Service Canada
12/Feb/2024: Passport application Status tracker updated to “We have received your application and are now processing it”
28/Feb/2024: No Change in Status
29/Feb/2024: Called Helpline and agent confirmed application still in review and is under 20 Business days.

Reactions: ParyaKh

VinnyK

Aug 4, 2021
Timelines
09/Feb/2024: applied In person at Milton Service Canada
12/Feb/2024: Passport application Status tracker updated to “We have received your application and are now processing it”
28/Feb/2024: No Change in Status
29/Feb/2024: Called Helpline and agent confirmed application still in review and is under 20 Business days.
isnt the standard processing time 10 business days?

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Can I use my husband's nephew and niece who are not living with us at the same address as references?
You're good to go: "anyone else who’s related to you or your spouse or common-law partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership, adoption or guardianship and lives at the same address as you. For example, if your aunt, uncle or cousin lives with you, they cannot be a reference.'

mitsalex

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
Hi,
I applied at the Victoria St passport office February 21th. They told me to come pick it up March 6th but when I check my application on the tracker online it still says : We have received your application and are now processing it

Is this normal. They basically only have 2 more days to print it.

Should I still go try to pick it up the 6th even if the status doesn't change?