+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Akh88

Star Member
Nov 11, 2022
I had my virtual oath with Mississauga office on 19th Oct and the eCert was available for download on 21st Oct. Just went to downtown office this morning and applied for express passport pick-up. It’s scheduled for next Monday i.e. 30th Oct. Everything within 2 weeks and I’m pleasantly surprised :) Now I’m even more glad that I picked downtown office.
Do you need any kind of justification for express pick-up?

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Passport Office: Montreal (Downtown)
Applied in person: Oct 20, 2023
Scheduled Pick-Up date: Nov 03, 2023
Passport Printed: Oct 25, 2023
Actual Pick-Up: Oct 31, 2023 [No problems faced for going there before scheduled pick-up. Nobody asked anything.]
Version: New 2023 Design

TestUser2023

Aug 22, 2023
Hi, has anyone here applied for passport in-person at Surrey Passport Centre recently? My pickup date is Nov 7 but tracker says there is no file name yet and my card hasn't been charged. Applied on October 24.

Last edited:
Reactions: oduvan4ik

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
Hi, has anyone here applied for passport in-person at Surrey Passport Centre recently? My pickup date is Nov 7 but tracker says there is no file name yet and my card hasn't been charged. Applied on October 24.
Please let us know what passport design will you get. Thanks

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
I had my virtual oath ceremony yesterday with Mississauga office. I sent my signed oath form via email however I haven't received any auto-reply or acknowledgement. Is it normal? Asking because I have my travel plans and want to ensure I receive the certificate in order to apply for passport.

silvar

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone here had the passport tracker not update even after pick up date? Were you still able to pick up the passport?

I applied for 3 passports on Oct 23rd in person at Surrey Passport Office (spent 5 hours on walk in total). Pickup date was today Nov 6th but the officer told pickup on Nov 6th was only after 1pm and therefore will (try) pick up tomorrow. However 1 of 3 applications is still showing "processing" in the tracker while the other two show "printed".

I have travel booked on Nov 15th and did mention this to the officer. Since the standard processing time (10 business days) would still meet my travel dates there was no reason to pay extra for express or urgent. However, now I regret not paying because if there was any error in the application better to find out sooner than later.

I will be the passport office at 7am tomorrow to try be one of the first in the walk in line but I am getting really anxious they would just came back saying: "oh it is not ready, come back another day" or "there was an error on your application, you will need to apply again". I made sure to apply in person and at Passport Canada Office (vs Service Canada) as they do the application validation at the time and it shouldn't be returned for missing documents or anything wrong with it.

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Anyone here had the passport tracker not update even after pick up date? Were you still able to pick up the passport?

I applied for 3 passports on Oct 23rd in person at Surrey Passport Office (spent 5 hours on walk in total). Pickup date was today Nov 6th but the officer told pickup on Nov 6th was only after 1pm and therefore will (try) pick up tomorrow. However 1 of 3 applications is still showing "processing" in the tracker while the other two show "printed".

I have travel booked on Nov 15th and did mention this to the officer. Since the standard processing time (10 business days) would still meet my travel dates there was no reason to pay extra for express or urgent. However, now I regret not paying because if there was any error in the application better to find out sooner than later.

I will be the passport office at 7am tomorrow to try be one of the first in the walk in line but I am getting really anxious they would just came back saying: "oh it is not ready, come back another day" or "there was an error on your application, you will need to apply again". I made sure to apply in person and at Passport Canada Office (vs Service Canada) as they do the application validation at the time and it shouldn't be returned for missing documents or anything wrong with it.
Did you get all your passports today? For the 2 applications that says printed on what date did the status change to printed?

silvar

Oct 29, 2017
Did you get all your passports today? For the 2 applications that says printed on what date did the status change to printed?
Currently at the line of the passport office (they open in 50 min)

The other 2 passports changes to printed on Saturday Nov 4.

Will update here once I am able to talk with the officer. My guarantor told me no one has called him. There was one call he got yesterday of those “free toll service” that when you call back goes to Chevrolet (cars etc) so it was either a scam or spam.

I will either get the passport or try to move to urgent application to pick up tomorrow

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021

Will update here once I am able to talk with the officer. My guarantor told me no one has called him. There was one call he got yesterday of those “free toll service” that when you call back goes to Chevrolet (cars etc) so it was either a scam or spam.

I will either get the passport or try to move to urgent application to pick up tomorrow
Best of luck, usually if the application is accepted in person then its validated right away and you should receive the passport. I dont know the exact stats but none of my 3 friends who have received passports had their guarantors called.

silvar

Oct 29, 2017

All good with pickup. They had all three passports ready and when I asked them regarding the status tracker they said the system does not always update

dnell

Jun 23, 2017
All good with pickup. They had all three passports ready and when I asked them regarding the status tracker they said the system does not always update
Congrats! Did you get the new design? I applied today at South Surrey SCC, and the person told me if the PP is printed locally then you might get old design, if printed from Gatineau then that will be new design.. PS: I want the new design :) fingers crossed.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I had my virtual oath ceremony yesterday with Mississauga office. I sent my signed oath form via email however I haven't received any auto-reply or acknowledgement. Is it normal? Asking because I have my travel plans and want to ensure I receive the certificate in order to apply for passport.
@rmp0930
have you received your eCert? Its almost two weeks since I submitted oath form. got an ack/autoreply, but nothing after that.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Does anyone know how the passport tracker works? I applied 10 business days ago. It still says can't find my information.

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
How busy is the Vancouver - Sinclair office? if I get there at 1 PM, do they let me apply in person?