+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Pkg123

Aug 18, 2022
Applied for passport on August 4 (Mississauga - Burnhamthorpe office with regular pickup service for $20). 3 hour wait outside and inside the building.

Scheduled pick up date was August 21.

Passport was printed on August 12.

I was able to pick it up today - August 16. No line for pickup.

The person at the counter said I was early. I told him the tracker shows it's already been printed. He checked the system and it showed it was ready for pickup. So he went to the room in the back and got it for me. I'm honestly impressed with the service!

The passport is in the old format.

Hi, what was the status for your passport for the pick up date? My status is as follows but my pick date is Sep 25th. Can I go pick it up before the pick up date on the receipt and it even says Your passport will not be available before the pick-up date printed on your receipt?

Your passport has been printed

Check your receipt for pick-up instructions
Your receipt details the date and location that you should pick-up your passport.
Your passport will not be available before the pick-up date printed on your receipt.

RedWhiteRed

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
Hi, what was the status for your passport for the pick up date? My status is as follows but my pick date is Sep 25th. Can I go pick it up before the pick up date on the receipt and it even says Your passport will not be available before the pick-up date printed on your receipt?

Your receipt details the date and location that you should pick-up your passport.
Your passport will not be available before the pick-up date printed on your receipt.
The status was the same. I went a few business days after I saw this status update to make sure the passport was available at the local office.

There's no guarantee that the passport will be available before the scheduled pick-up date but you can try. Up to you.

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Vancouver walk-in application on Hastings. Arrived at 9.30 am, no wait whatsover. In and out, in under 10 mins total. Despite mentioning travel in October, they refused any expedited passport application (need to travel in September to be offered that apparently). Earliest I was offered was week of Sept 19th mail-in application or for 20 dollars extra I can have guaranteed pick up on Sept 19th from that office.
Just a day late than predicted, but anyways received it today.

It is the older design :)

Applied : Sept 8th
Received by mail : Sept 20th

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada

What date did you apply?

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I just applied in person in brampton office, they told me to pickup at 18th.
Few questions. Since my driving license id had different address than the one which i mentioned my current address... will they call gurantor?
if they call guarantor does anyone know when they call?
do they also call references and what time they do call?
for examples lets say if everyone misses a call do they let us know?

I just recently move to a new place and was just wondering if it will impact my passport application to be delayed?

I got a print out with barcode...... with alpha numeric number is that the number of passport tracking....? anyone expert.. thanks

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
I applied for my passport in person today at a Service Canada because i have a trip to Europe for October. I arrived at 8:15 and I was number 26 on the line hahaha! They opened at 8:30 and started letting people in, I was seen at 9:10 am, and assigned at 9:30 to a booth.
Assigned to the most talkative agent I have ever come across in my entire life! All I did was ask her "how her day was going?".....Then she hit me with how her back hurts, her legs too, she did some dancing over the weekend, her benefits working there is crappy, and she only gets 30 minutes break, and she can't even make a personal phone call, and she hates the city....she went on and on and on...I was exhausted!!!! To crown it all, my face hurt because I was smiling and trying to be polite and empathetic towards her unending plight! All the time regretting why I asked about her day and why I was assigned to this particular booth!
The process could have been faster but she kept pausing to tell me more issues she has going on in her life! I silently prayed she didn't mess up my application because this has to be a joke! I have my own problems, I don't need to listen to yours. Then she proceeded to ask me where to buy cheap tickets to travel, I'm looking at her like do I look like a travel agent??? What is wrong with you?!
Any way, I left there at 10:20!!!! Almost an hour listening to her and trying to urge her on to complete my processing!

Best to say I won't be visiting that location any time soon again!
Today is Oct 3rd and my passport is yet to be ready. I called the service number only to find out that that talkative agent inputted wrong details in my application so they couldn’t process. I have now had to pay an extra $95 to have my passport expedited because I have a trip in 4 days. When I return from my trip, I will make sure to submit a complaint. I’m so annoyed.

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
What is the template for written document proof for travelling by car across the border and hence the need for express pick up ?

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
I checked my status online : says We have received your application and are now processing it"

-- applied in person at brampton passport canada.. how long it takes to finish or update the tracker

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Today is Oct 3rd and my passport is yet to be ready. I called the service number only to find out that that talkative agent inputted wrong details in my application so they couldn’t process. I have now had to pay an extra $95 to have my passport expedited because I have a trip in 4 days. When I return from my trip, I will make sure to submit a complaint. I’m so annoyed.
I finally picked up my passport today. So glad I am done with this entire process. Whew!
Oh I was given the new passport, wish it was the old one I got.

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
my passport is printed, can i go and pick it up, the pickup date is oct 18.

any expert here, if its ok to pick up earlier.. from brampton office

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
my passport is printed, can i go and pick it up, the pickup date is oct 18.

any expert here, if its ok to pick up earlier.. from brampton office
From printing location to reach the pick up location give 4-5 days and then try picking up. If it's available they do give it.

Reactions: ukp90