+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

pinkdots

Oct 11, 2018
Hi all. Sharing my experience applying in-person at the Toronto (74 Victoria St) location today.

Day: Friday, Sept 8 2023
Arrived: 11am. No line outside. Got straight to the waiting room inside the building.
Total time spent there: ~1h45

Passport will be ready for pickup in 14 days.

Ray0628

May 3, 2023
Hi all. I applied in-person at the Burnaby Service Canada location (not Service Canada passport centre) on Aug 17th

Date applied in person: Aug 17th
Method: Normal Mail Service without express
Given expected receiving day: Sep 22th
Actual received day: Sep 7th

Passport is old version! Yay~!!!!

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
You have waited this long to get your citizenship and now you can't even wait few hours ? Go there at 3.59pm and let us know how it goes....
Actually, I was reading on reddit that if you are desperate, this is a valid strategy to guarantee an appointment the next day. If you need expedited/urgent processing and have proof of it, you should go at 3pm of that day, they will say they can't get you in before 4pm and offer you a chance to book an appointment the next day if you case requires expedited/urgent processing. With that appointment you go at that precise time and finish in 10mins.

Obviously this is for places with long wait times and zero chance of booking in-person appointments. I went at 9.30am to the Vancouver/Sinclair office and was in and out in 10 mins.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
I applied for my passport in person today at a Service Canada because i have a trip to Europe for October. I arrived at 8:15 and I was number 26 on the line hahaha! They opened at 8:30 and started letting people in, I was seen at 9:10 am, and assigned at 9:30 to a booth.
Assigned to the most talkative agent I have ever come across in my entire life! All I did was ask her "how her day was going?".....Then she hit me with how her back hurts, her legs too, she did some dancing over the weekend, her benefits working there is crappy, and she only gets 30 minutes break, and she can't even make a personal phone call, and she hates the city....she went on and on and on...I was exhausted!!!! To crown it all, my face hurt because I was smiling and trying to be polite and empathetic towards her unending plight! All the time regretting why I asked about her day and why I was assigned to this particular booth!
The process could have been faster but she kept pausing to tell me more issues she has going on in her life! I silently prayed she didn't mess up my application because this has to be a joke! I have my own problems, I don't need to listen to yours. Then she proceeded to ask me where to buy cheap tickets to travel, I'm looking at her like do I look like a travel agent??? What is wrong with you?!
Any way, I left there at 10:20!!!! Almost an hour listening to her and trying to urge her on to complete my processing!

Best to say I won't be visiting that location any time soon again!

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I need advice , is it better to type the passport application or o just can hand write it , specially I don’t have my guarantor information (passport) and so , so I was gonna give him this page to fil it in and sign and get it back and what about it say four field in bold what that mean in bold , and do you use black ink , just normal hand writing or all capital letter , or only regular just first letter of name is capital , Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I need advice , is it better to type the passport application or o just can hand write it , specially I don’t have my guarantor information (passport) and so , so I was gonna give him this page to fil it in and sign and get it back and what about it say four field in bold what that mean in bold , and do you use black ink , just normal hand writing or all capital letter , or only regular just first letter of name is capital , Thank you
Typing is better but you can keep it legible if handwritten.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport.246762/post-3982539

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
My timeline:

Applied for passport on September 1st, 2023 in person in Gatineau, QC
Picked up the passport on September 11th, 2023
Got the new version

The entire process in Service Canada (both applying and picking up) took less than 5 minutes.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
in the section of the guarantor at bottom right must be hand written by guarantor. Your guarantor can write the entire Section 2 as well - could be black or dark blue ink

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
fill up form in capital latter computer or by hand your choice .

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi all. Sharing my experience applying in-person at the Toronto (74 Victoria St) location today.

Day: Friday, Sept 8 2023
Arrived: 11am. No line outside. Got straight to the waiting room inside the building.
Total time spent there: ~1h45

Passport will be ready for pickup in 14 days.
I went to 1000 Gerrard Street E. It took 10-15 minutes overall.
But they have given 1 month SLA.

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Applied for passport on August 4 (Mississauga - Burnhamthorpe office with regular pickup service for $20). 3 hour wait outside and inside the building.

Scheduled pick up date was August 21.

Passport was printed on August 12.

I was able to pick it up today - August 16. No line for pickup.

The person at the counter said I was early. I told him the tracker shows it's already been printed. He checked the system and it showed it was ready for pickup. So he went to the room in the back and got it for me. I'm honestly impressed with the service!

The passport is in the old format.
Hi,
For me, they told, I will be receiving the passport through CanadaPost.
How do we choose PickUp option?

KayPi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Has anyone recently picked up their passport from Service Canada location at Victoria St in Toronto? Wanted to ask if they are issuing old or the new version. Thanks!