+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Applied standard in person on July 21st downtown Toronto - nothing yet

Any updates for anyone who applied standard (basically similar to my situation)?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Applied standard in person on July 21st downtown Toronto - nothing yet

Any updates for anyone who applied standard (basically similar to my situation)?
What's the mail out date written on your receipt? Your application is still within the standard processing time of 10/20 business days depending on where you applied

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Does anyone know the answer to this qn:
I have applied for my Canadian passport. Can I travel to India once I receive my Canadian passport?
As in can I enter India with my Indian passport within the 3-month grace period and re-enter Canada with my new Canadian passport?
Or will I have surrender my Indian passport, apply and receive an OCI card and only then go to India?
I'm really confused about this! I assume it will take another 2-3 months before I can receive my OCI card for me to travel to India.
Appreciate your responses if you know the answer to this!

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Does anyone know the answer to this qn:
I have applied for my Canadian passport. Can I travel to India once I receive my Canadian passport?
As in can I enter India with my Indian passport within the 3-month grace period and re-enter Canada with my new Canadian passport?
Or will I have surrender my Indian passport, apply and receive an OCI card and only then go to India?
I'm really confused about this! I assume it will take another 2-3 months before I can receive my OCI card for me to travel to India.
Appreciate your responses if you know the answer to this!
You cannot enter using Indian passport and leave using Canadian passport. Better to apply for e-visa if you are travelling soon.

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
What's the mail out date written on your receipt? Your application is still within the standard processing time of 10/20 business days depending on where you applied
It's August 4th but my question comes from people stating here they got it much quicker with standard mail application

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Anyone here who applied for their passport via standard mail?
I'm wondering when you can get a tracking number to track the status online?
I mailed out my application on July 19th, reached them on July 25th.
No way I can track my status as I haven't received a tracking id and receipt.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
It's August 4th but my question comes from people stating here they got it much quicker with standard mail application
10 days timelines is not outrageous, no point comparing with someone getting in 7 days! wait for couple of more days and you will have your passport

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Applied on the 21st in person. No updates so far

Tracker says we have received your application etc..

Any ideas?
Did you guys receive any receipt or estimated date for the passport pickup when you went in person? When I went they told me to come back in exactly two weeks and gave me a receipt with the pick up date printed on it

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Guys I am getting worried.
My passport application reached them via mail on July 25th and I don't even have an email from them saying they have received it.
Anyone here who has applied by mail?
Can you please tell me if you ever got an email of acknowledgement and file number or receipt from them?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Guys I am getting worried.
My passport application reached them via mail on July 25th and I don't even have an email from them saying they have received it.
Anyone here who has applied by mail?
Can you please tell me if you ever got an email of acknowledgement and file number or receipt from them?
Has your credit card been charged? If no, then then have most likely not started processing yet. It is 20 business days for mail applications so just wait.

glorybetogod

Nov 17, 2020
Sharing my in-person passport application experience:

Office: Toronto, Victoria St.
Day of the visit: 24 July 2023
Waiting time: ~1.5 hrs
Service fee: regular
Tracker update: four days after applying
Passport shipped: 3 August 2023
Passport delivered: 4 August 2023
Passport design: Queen

Cheers!