+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
I had Express processing of my passport. I did not need to show proof. The guy asked if I was going to travel anytime soon and I said I might do a road trip but I have no proof, which I would need. He shook his head and said I could get it in a week for $50, standard processing fee is $20. I chose Express and paid the extra $50. If I needed it next day I would have to show proof. I applied July 19. It was due pickup July 27. According to the tracker it was printed already Friday or Saturday (can't remember). I went in today and got it. No questions asked why I was early.

Congratulations. Wait for 5 or 10 years and you will get the new old one :)

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Yes, the status will change. Mine changed today and said passport has been printed and mailed out. They provided Canada Post tracking number.
Mine status got changed to mailed out today as well !!
We will be 99.9% the OLD version one. :D

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Mine status got changed to mailed out today as well !!
We will be 99.9% the OLD version one. :D
Congratulations. I called up the helpline yesterday and they told me the passport has gone for printing the day before. Did not think it will take 2-3 days just to get printed.
Since the status did not change this morning, I am assuming it will not change today. Will take a look at status again tomorrow with renewed hope :)

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Congratulations. I called up the helpline yesterday and they told me the passport has gone for printing the day before. Did not think it will take 2-3 days just to get printed.
Since the status did not change this morning, I am assuming it will not change today. Will take a look at status again tomorrow with renewed hope :)
I got the passport yesterday ! it was so fast !! omg.