Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Is the passport mailed or do we need to pick it up ? The counter person didn’t give any option and didn’t mention anything also

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/tbsc-fsco/sc-dsp.jsp?rc=3002&lang=eng.

coz if you look at this website and in announcement section it shows for express you need to show the proof of flight or what the situation is confused right now
I had Express processing of my passport. I did not need to show proof. The guy asked if I was going to travel anytime soon and I said I might do a road trip but I have no proof, which I would need. He shook his head and said I could get it in a week for $50, standard processing fee is $20. I chose Express and paid the extra $50. If I needed it next day I would have to show proof. I applied July 19. It was due pickup July 27. According to the tracker it was printed already Friday or Saturday (can't remember). I went in today and got it. No questions asked why I was early.

e_ash

Jun 24, 2019
Question pls:
The current status of the passport shows that the application is being processed. Does the status change when it is sent for printing? Or is the next status that the passport has been printed?
Yes, the status will change. Mine changed today and said passport has been printed and mailed out. They provided Canada Post tracking number.

Reactions: pranab24

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Yes, the status will change. Mine changed today and said passport has been printed and mailed out. They provided Canada Post tracking number.
So, the status only changes after the passport has been printed? Not when the passport application is sent for printing?
When did you apply? And how long did it take between application submission and passport printed status change?

e_ash

Jun 24, 2019
So, the status only changes after the passport has been printed? Not when the passport application is sent for printing?
When did you apply? And how long did it take between application submission and passport printed status change?
Yes, I don't think it changes when it is sent for printing - only updates when it's been printed and ready for pickup or printed and mailed out. I applied in person July 14, and got status update July 25. I chose the standard processing time and not express/urgent.

Reactions: pranab24

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Is the passport mailed or do we need to pick it up ? The counter person didn’t give any option and didn’t mention anything also
It comes home by registered mail. So if you are not home, you can pick it up at Canada Post location where it is held.