+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi quick question. My brother applied for passport and chose pickup. His passport is printed but pickup date that was given on the receipt is coming Friday. Can he pick it up by any chance on Monday itself?
Pickup is a bit disadvantages as it getting ready beforehand. Good thing is you need not get worried abt the mail.

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Hello All

Finally my oath is scheduled! But I am have a few questions.
I am trying to predict how long after the oath will I have my passport ready:

- My understanding is that if the oath is in person, I will get the certificate immediately. But If it is online, then how long after will I receive the certificate?
- Once I have the certificate , I need to apply in person. I will prepare my docs in advance to speed up the process but should I book an appoinment in advance ? Please advise
Thank you!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All

- My understanding is that if the oath is in person, I will get the certificate immediately. But If it is online, then how long after will I receive the certificate?
- Once I have the certificate , I need to apply in person. I will prepare my docs in advance to speed up the process but should I book an appoinment in advance ? Please advise
Thank you!
You can do walk-in and check the waiting time online at passport offices.

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hello All

Thank you!
i noticed that most of the passport office is not crowded after 1pm, Last week I went to Vancouver passport office to pick up my passport ( around 1pm), I saw less than 25 people in the application section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maya88

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hi quick question. My brother applied for passport and chose pickup. His passport is printed but pickup date that was given on the receipt is coming Friday. Can he pick it up by any chance on Monday itself?
Technically no but who knows he might be allowed to pick up early if they let u or if you provide valid reason with evidence to pick up earlier. try to go there after 1pm and try your luck

Reactions: myindia

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
i noticed that most of the passport office is not crowded after 1pm, Last week I went to Vancouver passport office to pick up my passport ( around 1pm), I saw less than 25 people in the application section.
Do you have to be part of the line for pickup too?

ilovepepsi

Mar 19, 2019
Hello All

Thank you!
- I had the online oath on a Monday in June and received the certificate on Friday the same week. I was with Scarborough office.
- I haven't submitted the passport application (I don't have travel plan recently and I want to wait for the new design), but you can have the form prepared and the photo taken in advanced and submit the application the same day you receive the cert. You don't need to book an appointment. The passport applications are in decline in the recent months and you should be able to walk in easily.

• Love
Reactions: Maya88

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
- I had the online oath on a Monday in June and received the certificate on Friday the same week. I was with Scarborough office.
- I haven't submitted the passport application (I don't have travel plan recently and I want to wait for the new design), but you can have the form prepared and the photo taken in advanced and submit the application the same day you receive the cert. You don't need to book an appointment. The passport applications are in decline in the recent months and you should be able to walk in easily.
Thanks for your reply!

sandy1977

Star Member
May 31, 2013
I live in Dubai and My wife lives in Canada with my daughter. My wife and daughter got canadian citizenship. I am in process of applying their passports.
My question is regarding my daughter Canadian passport Application
" Do both Parent needs to sign the application" or only mother can sign the application
Please advice

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
For the in-person passport pickup option : what happens if you're a day late, over the date they've provided for pickup? Is that allowed? Any challenges with that?