+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
June 2: In person application in Ottawa(without appointment). Not urgent or anything. was given date of ~21 June for delivery.
June 5: passport printed.
June 6: passport mailed.
June 7: passport delivered for 2 family members.
June 8: passport delivered for others.

This was at Orleans location in Ottawa.

Hope it helps.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
What all documents are required for first time passport after citizenship ? Also do we need to visit Service Canada for this ?

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
I live in BC, metro Vancouver area. Tried to book an appointment at a Passport office as in person pickup is preferred. However, no appointments are available for ALL Passport offices. Any idea if only Service Canada can be booked appointments and only walk ins are available at Passport offices? Thank you.

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Guys, we are having a ceremony next week and i'm looking to fill out the form, take the pictures and also get the form to Notary as i don't have guarantor. would that be a problem to do that all before getting the certificate and once I get the certificate apply for the passport?

dryiceman

Oct 4, 2015
June 7: Walk-in in-person application in the Calgary Sunpark location. Expected delivery was the 21st or 28th.
June 14: passport arrived; exactly one week.

Interestingly enough, my wife and I applied together (tracking numbers were next to each other) but she didn't get her passport yet. Tracker also doesn't say anything about delivery just yet.

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone, I just received my citizenship certificate and want to apply for the passport. Has anyone in this forum received the redesigned NEWpassport? OR do you have any idea of when we should apply to get the NEW passport?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, I just received my citizenship certificate and want to apply for the passport. Has anyone in this forum received the redesigned NEWpassport? OR do you have any idea of when we should apply to get the NEW passport?
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadians-can-apply-to-renew-their-passports-online-beginning-this-fall-1.6392318

Hasn't even gone into production yet, or at least wasn't until recently.

No way yet to know what you will get when you apply. I believe they will use all the old passport blanks as long as they have them, and they will NOT switch from one to the other completely and all at once. They will likely start issuing new ones on test and pilot basis and wait for problems to arise, keeping both systems in operation until 100% certain the new ones have had all problems worked out.

Yes, some people will complain they got the old or new one when they wanted the other. Their answer will be something along the lines of 'we don't offer that service' (of choosing which type you get) and we'll use whatever blanks we have to save money.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
June 7: Walk-in in-person application in the Calgary Sunpark location. Expected delivery was the 21st or 28th.
June 14: passport arrived; exactly one week.

Interestingly enough, my wife and I applied together (tracking numbers were next to each other) but she didn't get her passport yet. Tracker also doesn't say anything about delivery just yet.
what time they take walk-ins ? How long does it took in n out ?

manjocan

Feb 22, 2023
Guys, we are having a ceremony next week and i'm looking to fill out the form, take the pictures and also get the form to Notary as i don't have guarantor. would that be a problem to do that all before getting the certificate and once I get the certificate apply for the passport?
Hi @Amiralijoonz - What does the notary as guarantor look like? Do you carry the completed guarantor form? Do you carry the passport form filled in?
Is commisionnaire office better than notary ?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
For completing Section 7 - Additional Personal Information of the Passport Application, in case there are more than 2 addresses in last 2 years - should I add 2 addresses in the form and 1 address on the additional form or write all addresses on the additional form itself

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
https://chat.whatsapp.com/FwichWZr81lLfxgLfUgnzE

Hi. I am also waiting to find out when the new passports will be issued. Hopefully this group picks up and we can coordinate on finding out which Service Canadas are issuing it over the next 2 months.

Reactions: SAKARUN

Ckharry

May 5, 2019
Nainital
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
16-11-2022
For completing Section 7 - Additional Personal Information of the Passport Application, in case there are more than 2 addresses in last 2 years - should I add 2 addresses in the form and 1 address on the additional form or write all addresses on the additional form itself
Fill out the form PPTC 056