+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Passport office called and they said they my appointment will be canceled if the strike is still ongoing. I have an appointment on Monday next week…

Shobika16

Jun 8, 2022
Hi All, I just got my citizenship certificate. Want to apply for my Canadian passport. Due to strike, will I be able to just submit new application walk in in service Canada?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I just got my citizenship certificate. Want to apply for my Canadian passport. Due to strike, will I be able to just submit new application walk in in service Canada?
when was your oath?

Reactions: Shobika16

motocrosstar

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
I tried the passport application tracker today since its been over 5 business days since I applied (link: https://etatpasseport-passportstatus.service.canada.ca/en/landing). Its showing application in progress. I called the number listed on it (1‑800‑567‑6868) and the agent confirmed that they are not working on any applications that are not deemed essential during the strike and that my passport won't be ready on May 1st as I was told when I submitted the application. As to when it would be ready, she said that would depend on when the strike action stops. I'll have to call after the strike is over and find out. So basically I'm screwed :( and will have to cancel my upcoming plans for travel on May 08 since it doesn't qualify for emergency. cc @aleguillen

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
I tried the passport application tracker today since its been over 5 business days since I applied (link: https://etatpasseport-passportstatus.service.canada.ca/en/landing). Its showing application in progress. I called the number listed on it (1‑800‑567‑6868) and the agent confirmed that they are not working on any applications that are not deemed essential during the strike and that my passport won't be ready on May 1st as I was told when I submitted the application. As to when it would be ready, she said that would depend on when the strike action stops. I'll have to call after the strike is over and find out. So basically I'm screwed :( and will have to cancel my upcoming plans for travel on May 08 since it doesn't qualify for emergency. cc @aleguillen
I am hoping for the best still because my trip is paid for and there is nothing I can do. I emailed them and they told me unless I receive a call not to pick up that a may show up on may 1st. so I have my fingers crossed that this ends today/tomorrow

motocrosstar

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
I am hoping for the best still because my trip is paid for and there is nothing I can do. I emailed them and they told me unless I receive a call not to pick up that a may show up on may 1st. so I have my fingers crossed that this ends today/tomorrow
Good luck! I haven't bought any tickets but I'm super bummed that I won't be able to see a whole bunch of my coworkers in person.

Reactions: aleguillen

FW-SandA

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
why doesn't qualify as an emergency?

caneu

Jul 23, 2022
Are we allowed to go out of country without a passport when citizens? I know we cannot come back without it.

This is beyond frustrating. So they expect people to cancel their trips? Why couldn't they process for the ones that already booked travel before they even started talking about strike? Can we do anything about this? No. They can go on strike and stop everything and I don't even understand how they don't care that people paid sometimes thousands for their travel. So, essentially they are denying our basic right for mobility.

Anyway... rant over...

Reactions: sahibo

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Are we allowed to go out of country without a passport when citizens? I know we cannot come back without it.

This is beyond frustrating. So they expect people to cancel their trips? Why couldn't they process for the ones that already booked travel before they even started talking about strike? Can we do anything about this? No. They can go on strike and stop everything and I don't even understand how they don't care that people paid sometimes thousands for their travel. So, essentially they are denying our basic right for mobility.

Anyway... rant over...
You can go out without it. And if you have a way to get to the border, they would let you in after verifying your identity. It's just a major inconvenience for those who have already made considerable expenses and their trips do no fall under emergency rules.

Reactions: armoured and caneu

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022

Anyway... rant over...
You can apply for passport outside Canada. But if it’s a short trip, you probably won’t get the passport back on time. It’s more expensive to do it outside too.

Reactions: caneu