+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Are any of the passport offices open on the weekends?
To get the weekend or statutory holiday service, you'll need to pay $355. If you need the service for your family at the same time, you need to pay an urgent fee of $110 per family member.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Guarantor requirements for a regular (blue) passport submitted in Canada
Your guarantor must

• have known you for at least 2 years
    • If the guarantor is for your child’s passport, they must have known you for at least 2 years and must know of your child.
  • be available if we need to contact them
  • be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older
  • provide the information needed that’s in their passport
  • have been 16 years of age or older when they applied for their own passport
  • hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that, on the day you submit your application, is
    • expired for no more than 1 year, or
    • valid, meaning it isn’t or wasn’t

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Guarantor requirements for a regular (blue) passport submitted in Canada
Your guarantor must

• have known you for at least 2 years
    • If the guarantor is for your child’s passport, they must have known you for at least 2 years and must know of your child.
  • be available if we need to contact them
  • be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older
  • provide the information needed that’s in their passport
  • have been 16 years of age or older when they applied for their own passport
  • hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that, on the day you submit your application, is
    • expired for no more than 1 year, or
    • valid, meaning it isn’t or wasn’t
They asked for reference requirements, not guarantor requirements. Maybe learn to read before spreading misinfo?

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
Does anyone know if someone else can pick up the passport on your behalf, if applied urgent or express? I plan on applying in person, but will likely have my spouse or a friend pick it up. Location: Vancouver or Surrey.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Does anyone know if someone else can pick up the passport on your behalf, if applied urgent or express? I plan on applying in person, but will likely have my spouse or a friend pick it up. Location: Vancouver or Surrey.
Yes, they give you a receipt when you get your passport. You can name someone to do it on the receipt. They need to show an ID.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Applied in Kitchener passport office in person on March 9. Smooth experience. Was told I should expect the passport via canada post on/around 23 March.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Applied for a passport in person at Sinclair Centre in DT Vancouver. I got there at 10 am and was sent to an office where they check all documents, see if your guarantor has done everything, everything is signed etc. This process took about 20 mins

After that, they ask you to go to another office right next to it where they give you a ticket with a number on it. There I waited for 90 mins for my number to show up. Once the number showed up, I went to the counter, submitted my docs where they verified a few things. If you have everything in order and have all the documents in place then you won't spend more than 5 mins at the counter. I didn't ask for urgent or express. They did offer me pickup but my mail date is March 28 which is sufficient enough for me so I didn't opt for it.

Total time it took from my arrival there to being seen is approx 2 hours. You could go earlier and be among the first in line but the chaos of last summer is no longer present and everything seemed to go smoothly so showing up at 6 am is no longer necessary.

I'll post an update once I receive my passport. Based on what I see, I should get it before Mar 28 so keeping my fingers crossed.

anick

Jun 17, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
20-06-2018
Got my passport delivered yesterday. Had applied in Whitby passport office on March 6th. Mail out date was March 20th but received in 7 business days. Impressive.:)

Reactions: chaudri

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
If we apply for passport in person, do we need to bring child to the passport office as well? or is it sufficient if both parents go to the passport office? Thank you!

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Applied in Kitchener passport office in person on March 9. Smooth experience. Was told I should expect the passport via canada post on/around 23 March.
Just received my passport.

As someone before me said, they are quicker than they say they are!

Submission to receiving in mail 6 working days.

Reactions: americanidiot