+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Hello, just a quick update: I applied in Laval QC in-person on September 22nd with no proof of travel and got my passport delivered on November 1st. It looks like the processing times went significantly down and that the new 20 business day timeline on the website is accurate.

Reactions: trumprefugee

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Good evening,
I applied in person passeport at the meadowlands passeport office on the 18th of Octobre. At the time i had no travel date and they said it would be mailed out by the 16th of November. I now got my travel date in early december and i was wondering if i should call them to inform them of that knowing that Ottawa's office are very slow ? My guarantor even told me that he haven't got a call from them yet, does that mean that my application havent been processed yet ?

thank you
I'm not sure they call every single guarantor, I don't think so, but in my case, they called my guarantor and approved my application the same day, I got my passport in the mail less than a week later.
As far as your first question goes, it seems as if applications are moving a lot faster now, since it's been more than 10 business days from your application date, you can always call them and ask about a status update, and if they tell you that there has been no movement, it might be worth it to let them know about your travel plans.

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Hi, if i include my drivers licence as support identity, it says "Your name as it appears on the document. In my driver's licence my last comes first then first name. do I need to write the last name first and then the first name?

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Hi, if i include my drivers licence as support identity, it says "Your name as it appears on the document. In my driver's licence my last comes first then first name. do I need to write the last name first and then the first name?
I was in the same situation with an ON license and I wrote it in the same format shown: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME (last name first then first name and I separated them with a comma), everything went well with no issues.

Reactions: Farah2018

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called the passport office and they said the application has been approved. Any idea how long it takes from approval to delivery? Thank you!

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
You can also use ON health card, it has correct order.

Reactions: Farah2018

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Hello forum members, Is it okay to include 2 of my friends as references for passport application?
Yes. The only 2 restrictions for the references are: They can't be a guarantor and they can't be a family member. So as you long as your friends are aware and agree for you to use their contact info, are 18 or older and have known you for at least 2 years, there will be no issues. I advise you pick friends that are closer and know you well as the passport office can call them and start asking questions about you (your approximate height, your date of birth, your address, etc.)

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Yes. The only 2 restrictions for the references are: They can't be a guarantor and they can't be a family member. So as you long as your friends are aware and agree for you to use their contact info, are 18 or older and have known you for at least 2 years, there will be no issues. I advise you pick friends that are closer and know you well as the passport office can call them and start asking questions about you (your approximate height, your date of birth, your address, etc.)
Thanks for your reply.

wvul

Nov 3, 2022
  1. Applied in-person at the Whitby Passport office on the Oct 25th (no appointment)
  2. Passport was issued on Oct 31st and was
  3. delivered home this morning (Nov 3rd).

Just requested normal processing.

Its funny - I applied for citizenship in mid 2019 and waited 40+ months for my oath (which thankfully was in-person) and then get my passport in about a week.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
  1. Applied in-person at the Whitby Passport office on the Oct 25th (no appointment)
  2. Passport was issued on Oct 31st and was
  3. delivered home this morning (Nov 3rd).

Just requested normal processing.

Its funny - I applied for citizenship in mid 2019 and waited 40+ months for my oath (which thankfully was in-person) and then get my passport in about a week.
Did you go early morning or do they accept walk in throughout the day? Can i go for a walk in at 3 pm?

i am planning to go to Mississauga office.