+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

rk990

Aug 2, 2022
I applied for a passport in Laval (QC) in-person (regular Service Canada Center) on September 22nd with no travel date/proof, I called them a couple of days ago and they told me my file was approved on October 25th. Any idea what the timeline is between the approval and the shipping date ?
I applied at the same Service Canada on September 21 and got my passport on Wednesday. I think you'll get yours next week. Congrats!

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
I applied for passport on Thursday, 27th October at Brampton Service Canada Office.
I arrived there at around 8.35 AM and found a reasonably long queue of around 20 people ahead of me.
There was a man who was noting people's names who have come for passport service. it seems most were present for SIN or any other service but not passport.
the person who was noting names then called me in at around 9.30. The process inside was pretty quick and I was out by 10 AM.
as per service canada, I must have my passport by 25th Nov + 5 business days. I was pleased with the overall experience.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Any recent experience by people at Scarborough passport office??
How bad are the lineups these days?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
You need to show travel proof only for emergency requests. For BAU, you dont need travel proof and they indicated in the counter that they are mailing the passports out in 2 weeks + 1 or 2 more to get it in hand. If you want to collect it in person, pay additional 20$ and collect it.

You can submit the docs either in Service Canada passport office (above timelines) or in regular Service Canada (add another 2 weeks). Eitherways go early and prepare to be part of a line up. It should be around 1.5 to 2 hrs or so
A quick updte from my side ---- I had applied for the passport ---in person..... at the Brampton Service Canada Passport office on 10/26/ 22. Got the passport in hand today by Canada Post. No urgent requirement / travel proof / extra money paid. Looks like the processing speed is picking up and will be BAU soon.

SunnyV

Jul 20, 2021
I have applied for my passport on the 20th Oct at Whitby Passport Office. Went in at about 10.30 and there were 3 people ahead of me and took about 20 min to go to the counter and rep. enquired about my travel plans which I put in as Dec 01 on my application and he said no matter what you will receive your passport in two weeks before Nov 3rd and I got my passport delivered today (NOV 1st ) by Canada Post. All in all it was a quick process. Thank you for the help from all of you on this forum.

Cheers!!

Janya

Oct 13, 2021
Ay recommendations for fastest passport processing location in Dowtown Toronto/Durham (Oshawa-Whitby-Ajax)?

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
I live in Toronto and want to apply for standard passport application (10 -20 business days). Is it possible to go to a passport office as walk in and apply for standard passport? Which location in Toronto is fastest for passport processing?
Forum members, please share your opinions.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
I live in Toronto and want to apply for standard passport application (10 -20 business days). Is it possible to go to a passport office as walk in and apply for standard passport? Which location in Toronto is fastest for passport processing?
Forum members, please share your opinions.
yes. Plese go to a service canada passport office - walkin - prepare to wait in the line but should be done quick. My timeline not sure if it is the norm, but end to end was 6 calendar days - including a weekend in between and 1 day for mailing

Reactions: Farah2018

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
yes. Plese go to a service canada passport office - walkin - prepare to wait in the line but should be done quick. My timeline not sure if it is the norm, but end to end was 6 calendar days - including a weekend in between and 1 day for mailing
Thanks for your reply. I am confused between passport office and service canada centre. Did you go to a passport office or service canada centre?

micky.nice

Feb 19, 2022
Good evening,
I applied in person passeport at the meadowlands passeport office on the 18th of Octobre. At the time i had no travel date and they said it would be mailed out by the 16th of November. I now got my travel date in early december and i was wondering if i should call them to inform them of that knowing that Ottawa's office are very slow ? My guarantor even told me that he haven't got a call from them yet, does that mean that my application havent been processed yet ?

thank you